Thirty Two

Alexa hated what she had been told. Draco had to kill his sister. Or she would be killed. She hated the whole situation.

It wasn't fair. And she didn't think it was right for Lucius Malfoy to put that on Draco.

She hated the Malfoy father. And she knew he was better off in Azkaban where he couldn't hurt anyone.

The whole situation was wrong. And nobody should have been put in a situation where they should have to choose between their family and the person they were in love with.

Alexa  hated Lucius Malfoy with a passion. And she wanted someone to take him out. So that he wouldn't be able to hurt anyone.

Draco had been even more shut off from her and she just wanted to be there for him. He wasn't letting her. He was pushing her away.

Alexa wasn't mad. She knew what he was going through. And she understood. His situation was so hard. And it was something she knew he was going to struggle with. 

Alexa hadn't been able to talk to Scarlett. Which hurt her as she knew Scarlett was her best friend. And she was about to be killed so she could live.

All she knew was that Hogwarts had changed. And it wasn't the same place she remembered. It wasn't the place she called home.

Morning came and she walked down into the common room. Draco was there. She smiled. "Hey. How are you?" She asked.

Draco sighed. "I'm trying to find out how I can save my sister and you," he told her.

Alexa smiled as she sat down with him. She took his hand. "We can figure this out. Together. It's not going to be easy. We both know that. But we can do it," she said.

"How? I either kill my sister or you die. And I don't want that. Growing up it was always me and Scarlett against it all. And then we came here and I met you. I can't lose either of you," Draco all but sobbed.

Alexa held him close and smiled. "You're not going to lose us. I promise."

***
Alexa walked into potions. She saw Scarlett and smiled. "Hey. You weren't in the dorm last night," she said.

Scarlett nodded. "I know. I was having sex with Snape. It just happened. But he knows what he's doing," she said.

Alexa frowned as she sat with her. "Snape? Is that where you've been?" She asked.

"Yeah. It's nothing too serious. Have you managed to talk to Draco?" Scarlett asked as she took out her quill.

Alexa nodded. "Yeah. He told me it's nothing to worry about. He's just having a hard time with something," she said.

"Right."

Alexa hated how she was lying to her best friend. It was hurting her as she knew if it were her, she would want to know. "It's all good Scarlett. I promise."

"If you say so."

***
Alexa walked into the room of requirement where Draco was. She looked to him and smiled. "Okay. So what's our plan? I mean, we're not letting this happen."

"You want to help me?" Draco asked as he turned to her. Shocked that after what he told her, she wanted to help.

Alexa nodded. She walked over to him and kissed him "we're in this together. No matter what," she told him.

But with things about to take a turn for the worst, could they make their relationship get through it?