Chapter 5

We all instantly stopped at the scream. All of us looked around trying to gauge where it was coming from. I looked towards Sebastian who was looking straight ahead and I began moving in the direction he was looking towards. The others followed after me as we made our way down a pave way and over towards where the shrubbery was where the squirrel had jumped out at me and the dogs the other day. I remembered that the dogs were still growling at something even though the small animal wasn't within the bush. I now realised why the dogs were growling. There was a woman with her hands over her mouth, her dog was whining beside her and they were looking at something upon the ground. Walking over, the smell of it hitting me before actually seeing it. The coppery scent of blood within the air was strong and the smell of decomposition too. A scent I hadn't missed. The others stood beside me looking at the body. We instantly were on the phone to people from the crime unit to come to Hyde Park as soon as possible. I was about to pull out my badge when I realised I didn't have them on me. That was when I felt a tap on my shoulder as Sebastian handed me my badge??. I looked at it then back to him before turning to the crowd forming. Wondering why he had it on his person.

"This is now an active crime scene!! Please do not come any closer!!! I repeat do not come any closer!" I shouted into the crowd as people began talking about the body. Jack and Peter began getting people to move back as they formed a shield looking back to me. They didn't have any crime scene training and I had. I looked towards Sebastian before looking towards the body.

"We realistically need tape to square the area off from anyone getting any closer " I say towards the three men. Looking towards Jack and Peter who looked towards me then to the ever growing crowd. We could hear people to the side of us trying to get a closer look of the body if the crunching of leaves was any give away. I felt a tap on the shoulder and turning around I saw Sebastian holding some police tape "Where the heck did you get this?" I whispered to him.

"You said we needed some tape. I may have remembered seeing some within a drawer in your spare room so I may have ran back and grabbed it for you" He whispered back with that closed eye smile.

"What if Jack or Peter saw you? I wouldn't have been able to explain how you were able to disappear and reappear in a second'' I say taking the tape off from him "How the fuck am i going to explain this?" I say looking down at it.

Thankfully Jack and Peter had their backs turned not to question where I had procured tape from. Looking back towards Sebastian he came running down the path again sounding out of breath which did cause Jack and Peter to turn around to see that Sebastian had tape in his hand. The two looked towards me in confusion.

"I remembered I kept some old police tape within the horse box back at the stables. May never know when you might need it" I lie giving a nervous chuckle to the two guys and handing them the tape explaining how to tape out an investigation area. I turned to look towards the crowd which had gotten bigger. The woman caught my eye as I walked over towards her pulling her to the side as Jack and Peter fenced off the area so I could question the woman privately.

"Did you see anything or anyone suspicious prior to seeing the body?" I asked her, who kept nervously glancing towards the body. She was shook up from seeing it soo decayed. Which made me perplexed considering that was what the dogs were growling at some days ago, so then how come it was decayed so fast. If it was dumped here some months ago it would have been found already.

"Well no I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Saw no dodgy character going by or anyone running for that matter. I just let my dog off the leash for a second and then heard her bark and whine at something and then that's when I saw her!" She exclaimed clamming her hand over her mouth.