From tight to flight

How was anyone ever supposed to recover from something like that? Did you laugh? Just blink? Accuse them of planning an obnoxious joke? Tell them to stop?

All Nina could manage to do was raise an eyebrow and scoff. 

There was a long silence and Nixon didn't bother to break his eye contact.

It was at that moment that the man finally rubbed Nina wrong. It wasn't the supposed drugging and kidnapping, or the dressing up, or the ridiculous decor in the room. It was that he was challenging her.

This man knew more about her than her parents and was hell bent on seeing her crack.

"Care to elaborate?" she asked in a dry tone.

"I'm not sure that I want to" came his amused reply. Nina caught a glint in his eyes and clenced her jaw in response.

"Then you have defeated your purpose of coming all this way to see me"

"Maybe I didn't. Maybe I just wanted to see you" he said. Taking a few steps forward, he loomed over Nina's personal space and she straightened her spine.

"Are you admitting that I have you bewitched?" Nina taunted, sure he wouldn't grace her with a response.

"I would never in a million years, deny the beauty of your eyes, Nina" Nixon whispered against her ears, in a soft, husky voice. His voice was deep enough to make Nina shudder, and that did not settle well with her. She took a step back and turned away from him. Staring out the windows, she sighed. 

He wouldn't answer the obvious question of what he really wants from her, so what was her next best alternative?  Nina worried her lip in thought.

Usually, Nina was a very level-headed person. She never spoke without thought and prided herself on her calm, even in a hostage situation. But, the control she prided was slowly dissolving, and it was only her first day here.

"Why am I dressed in a corset and gown?" she asked instead

"Because I think you look breathtaking in it" he answered, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Nina's mouth parted as her eyes blazed with anger. She turned back around to face the man with unmasked fury. "Excuse me?"

Nixon's eyes flitted over Nina's face and his eyes registered that he had indeed said something very stupid. "Do you not like it?" he asked, subtly trying to make emends.

"No. I do not like playing dress up to please anyone but myself."

She watched him purse his lips slightly and shrug. "You are in my house. You either wear what I give you, or you don't wear anything at all"

That absolutely did it.

Immediately, Nina's fingers went around her back as she tried to rip apart the knots and pull out ribbons holding her dress on. It took her a while but between the bathroom and now, she had managed to reach the knots. 

 She didn't care much for modesty in front of this wretched dictator as in moments, she'd pull down the heavy fabric of the dress. Standing in only her chemise that barely hid anything from view, she declared war.

She watched Nixon's posture stiffen and his eyes drift before he caught himself and met Nina's eyes. A slow smirk lifted his lips. "I stand corrected. This is your best outfit, yet"

"Get out" Nina's eyes narrowed.

Nixon quirked an eyebrow.

"I said, Get out" she repeated.

"Ms. Clarence, what makes you think I'm obliged to obey your commands?" he asked in a voice that promised no more bullshit. Closing the distance between them again. When Nina tried to take a step back, his hand darted out and gripped her arm. Hauling her against his chest as he snaked the other, keeping her there.

He could feel her pulse quicken, her breath grow shallow and her eyes widen. He could also see the shadow of a tear floating in the eyes he so faithfully admired.

"You are here on my command" he whispered, his index finger keeping her chin elevated and their gaze steady. "you do everything I ask you to. Eat everything brought to you. You are not a prisoner here, Nina. But, no. You cannot leave."

"And If I refuse?" as weak as she felt in his arms, her voice was stronger. Her bare body had been enveloped in a heat that felt exotic and addicting. Her brain was responding to the threat in a way it had never done before. It was not fleeing.

"You will be punished, Nina. I am not joking and do not mistake my threat.." Nixon raised his brows and nodded in response to her body's denial "Yes, it is a threat. Do not take it lightly, it will cause you a lot of pain." his hold on her loosened and a finger brushed a strand of hair away from her face. "As bewitched as you have me, that is something I will not compromise on. You will obey, do you understand?"

Flight

Fight

Flight

Fight

Silence.

"Do you understand, Nina?"

Flight

Fight

Flight

Flight

Fight

Flight

Fight

"Fuck you"

Fight.