From home to Rome

It was a full moon tonight.

Nina had watched the bleeding sky as the sun set and the steady rise of the moon in the starry night. The stars had always held an awe for Nina. The possibility of a million life forms and sequences were marvelous to wonder about.

She always lived in the city filled with light. Only the brightest of the stars were visible from there, definitely not the same. But tonight, her eyes sparkled in awe as she watched the glorious shimmer of the night sky. The sane part of her mind was aware of their location, far from the busy roads and people. The sane part also evaluated her chance of escape to about 80% fail, including her courage to trek in the wilderness in these 18th century outfits.

Nina didn't realize when she dozed off on an empty stomach on the carpeted floor. She only seemed to turn over, away from the rising sun the next morning. A shift in the lock and heavy footsteps behind the locked door caught her attention and she jerked back to awareness.

Standing up as quick as she could, she wiped her face and pushed her hair back as she waited for either her dad or brother to enter. Or a goon taking her to them.

The door opened lightly and a young girl wearing a black and white uniform entered. She carried a seemingly heavy plate in her arms as she nudged the door closed behind her and placed the tray on the desk. Nina noticed that this girl made no eye contact with her what-so-ever.

Her own fingers were nervously twining together as she carefully assessed the girl. Nina took a step forward just as the girl caught her eye.

"Master will be in to see you shortly, Miss. He requests you to be awake and have eaten" she bows to her waist and retreats back to the door before Nina could get a word out. The heavy shifting informs Nina that the door is once again locked and she is left to wonder.

Master? That's new. Is that what Papa and Thad are having the staff call them?

Moving towards the food, she lifts the elaborate metal bowl from over tray and peeks in to see an equally elaborate breakfast. With a shake of her head, she places the bowl down and moves to the bathroom to freshen herself.

Have you ever felt the confusing assault of rage and frustration engulf you when you're put into a situation that you've made clear to an abundant amount of people you don't like, yet they still force you into doing it?

This is precisely how Nina felt when she had to pee.

"How the duck am I supposed to use the bathroom with this skirt?!" her voice chastised to no one in particular as she tried to lift the heavy skirt in an attempt to do her business. It took approximately 23 minutes to this task and another dozen minutes to wash up.

Having a shower seemed far fetched, she didn't know how to remove herself from this repressing contraption. This shit had bows and strings and metal hoops, things that were cleverly placed behind her where her fingers would not reach.

Nina nearly pulled her hair out trying. She found herself on the floor again. Crying.

I thought I put all this behind me? Why can't they just leave me alone, I don't want to live in their world and why the duck is this thing so hard to get off!?

A familiar shift and shuffle of the door informed Nina of someones arrival.

Perhaps its this "master" the maiden spoke

Wiping her tears with the back of her hands, she tucked her hair behind her ear and straightened her back. Walking back into the bedroom with her game face on.

Her eyes found the sole inhabitant beside herself. His presence was captivating. A man of olive complexion, heavy eyebrows and beautifully curly black hair stood in a dark suit. His thumb subconsciously rubbed his jaw, one that was covered by a neatly trimmed beard. This man was handsome no doubt, with South American roots.