ʚ3ɞ

It's been a week.

A week since I've seen Casimir, if that's even his real name. He lied. Like I knew he would.

Trust me, I tried to not think about him, it's not the first time I've been disappointed by a man. But, with the way he was speaking, with such sincerity and feigned conviction. I thought maybe this time it would be for real.

And that kiss. I thought I felt...something. I know it's crazy to say but he caught my eye that night, and for him to come out to the garden like he did, and kiss me like he did, it was like it was meant to be almost. It felt different. He said he was asking my father for my hand, why would he lie about that, that's not something you just walk up to a girl and say. Especially a princess. If he really wanted to, I'd be the one planning my wedding right now. Not Farida's. But, again, I must've been mistaken.

This week has been pretty hectic. With Farida being prepped to become the queen of the kingdom of the orcs, we've been doing a lot. It's only been a week, but Farida seems ready to walk down the isle tomorrow. I can't blame her though, we spent our whole lives waiting for this.

"Hello? Sarai you're spacing out on me again!" Leila said, snapping her fingers in front of my face. I shook my head, clearing my thoughts of the mysterious prince.

"Yeah, yeah what were you saying?" I asked. She glared at me, placing the small bouquet of orchids and greenery in her hand on the table.

"I said, have you heard from the sexy stranger or what?" She asked again.

"I really don't want to talk about him." I said honestly. I feel I've hallucinated him. If Leila hadn't seen him that night I'd be convinced that he wasn't even real at this point.

"Why not? He's going to come back Sarai, you know that right?" She asked.

"Actually, I don't. He may have said what he said, and did what he did, but that doesn't mean he's actually going to follow through." I said.

"Why are you always going into the negative, you need to think positively. He could be from a court far away, the travel—"

"That's the thing though, I don't even know what court he belongs to, where he's from, all I know is he's a prince. And the only reason I even know that was because he wore a crown. I couldn't look for him if I wanted to." I cut her off. I know she's optimistic, but I'm not like my sisters. I'm not drop dead gorgeous with a nice body, if that were the case I'd be getting ready to be married off like Farida.

"Why don't you try to find out?" She asked. "We have a huge library here, I'm sure there's got to be some type of information there." She said. It's true, there probably was something about him there, or at least where he's from. I hadn't thought to look, but I didn't want to give myself any type of hope.

"I guess I could, but what good will that do me? Finding out who he is won't bring him here." I said.

"Then you go to him." She said matter of factly. I laughed, shaking my head. This girl, I swear.

"Right, like I'd be able to get past the property walls without being questioned. I'm not like Farida, I can't just sneak out and not get caught. Rafael is always watching out for me, he wouldn't allow that. Plus I don't know where he's from to even go to him. I'd be traveling blind." I said. "But I guess I'll go to the library later, see what I can find."

"Yes, you should. That sexy hunk of man is yours and he's out there somewhere, you just gotta find him." She said smirking. I smiled softly, my insides feeling warm. Leila is always there for me, I appreciate her for that, I always have. Even if she is using her blessing on me, I know she does it out of worry for me.