Sang-e-Mah Drama

“A reader needs a reader too”
Sang e Mah is a Pakistani drama series that is inspired by Shakespeare's Hamlet. The story is set in the fictional town of 'Laspiraan'. It tells the story of a young man named Hilmand, who wants to avenge the death of his father, Nasrullah Khan, who was killed by his uncle, Haji Marjaan Khan. Marjaan married Hilmand's mother, Zarsanga, after Nasrullah's death, and became the leader of the tribe. Hilmand suspects that Marjaan poisoned Nasrullah, and he is determined to expose him and take back his rightful place.
The drama also explores the themes of love, betrayal, honor, and violence in the tribal culture of Pakistan. Hilmand falls in love with Gul Meena, his cousin and the daughter of his aunt, Zarghuna. However, Gul Meena is also the object of desire of Hilmand's half-brother, Hikmat, who is Marjaan and Zarsanga's son. Hikmat tries to claim Gul Meena by performing a ritual called "Ghag", which means that he announces in front of everyone that Gul Meena can only marry him. However, Mastan Singh intervenes and does the Ghag himself, angering Hikmat and Zarghuna. Zarghuna hates Mastan Singh because she blames him for the death of her husband, Asadullah Khan, who is killed by Harshaali, a Sikh woman who is Hilmand's friend and supporter.

Hilmand faces many obstacles and enemies in his quest for justice and revenge. He has to deal with Marjaan's cunning and cruelty, Zarsanga's loyalty and guilt, Hikmat's jealousy and rage, Zarghuna's hatred and bitterness, and Gul Meena's fear and confusion. He also has to confront his doubts and madness, as he is haunted by the ghost of his father, who urges him to kill Marjaan. Along the way, he meets Sheherzaad, a mysterious woman who helps him uncover the truth about his father's death and his uncle's crimes.
Mastan Singh shoots Hilmand with a pistol in the dark of night for falling in love with Sheherzaad and doing Ghag on the guest (Sheherzaad), wounding him completely, then Badam Gul announces in the Mosque that Hilmand has been shot. After being wounded, the villagers take him to a nearby hospital where the police come for an investigation before the operation and the villagers escape from there. Hilmand’s operation becomes successful and he continues to call out Sheherzaad, Sheherzaad while Hilmand is unconscious. A Christian nurse takes care of Hilmand in the hospital, the doctor orders her to take care of Hilmand. Hilmand’s brother Hikmat comes after many days and apologizes to Hilmand that they escaped from the hospital, leaving him alone in a critical condition, and then he brings him home.
oSheherzaad: Do you remember my lesson? What was it?
oHilmand: Put your picture in your story; otherwise, you will keep running after others for the rest of your life.
oSheherzaad: Sometimes I talk very wisely and have good ideas; I don't know how it gets done.
oSheherzaad: Why did you come here?
oHilmand: I don't know.
oSheherzaad: Those on whom God has mercy, He keeps them unaware.
oSheherzaad: You came to ask for my picture that day; what have you come to ask for today?
oHilmand: Nothing.
oSheherzaad: He who does not ask for anything gets everything; you will also get it. This is the prayer of the oppressed (Mazloom) Sheherzaad of Hala that you get everything. Your image may be put in the story of Romeo and Juliet.