Chapter 2

After walking for a few minutes towards Aaron's office, Ríver and Niles arrived at Aaron's office and gently knock. "Hey, Aaron are you there?' shouted Ríver. After waiting for a minute for an answer, Ríver slowly opened the office door and took a peek into the office. And see no one there, "Well, I guess Aaron is showing the new investors around." "I'll just place his lunch on his desk, now you and I can go to the giant jackal status.," as Ríver talked to Niles. After leaving Aaron's lunch on his desk, Ríver and Niles started walking to the giant jackal status by the Mummifying and Anubis exhibit. As Ríver was talking to Niles while they were making their way to the Mummifying and Anubis exhibit Niles heard someone heading their way, and it sound like they were in a rush. Niles tried to warn Ríver about the person that was coming around the corner, but Ríver wasn't paying attenuations and ramped into the person that was coming around the corner. WHACK ooooffffff, Ríver and the person that was coming around the corner collided into each other, and the person landed on top of Ríver, "Sorry" they said in sync, "I wasn't seeing where I was going, I'm so-so-so-so-so-so sorry" apologized Ríver, "No, I'm sorry. I was late for an important meeting and as you could I was running.," said the stranger. Ríver and the stranger untangled themselves from each other, and helped each other stand up. "Thx, are you lost Mr.....," asked Ríver, "Anpu, my name is Anpu. And yes, I am lost.," said Anpu. "Well, my name is Ríver, and where do you to go, Mr. Anpu? I think could help you find your way there?" asked Ríver, "No need for formality, Ms. Ríver.," said Anpu. "Well, if there is no need for formality Anpu, will you just please call me Ríver, no Ms. Ríver.," replayed Ríver. "Well then, Ríver I am lost. I was supposed to meet my collages at that front entrance, then they tell me to meet them at the Giant underworld jackal statues, and I have no clue where those are.," said Anpu. "Well, me and my little furry friend here were on our way to these statues.," explained Ríver. As Ríver finished saying that, Anpu looks down and see Niles standing there, wagging her tail. "Is that a-a-a-a Jackal?" stuttered Anpu, "Oh right, I forgot that many people have never seen a Sulimov Dog before.," said Ríver, "Sulimov do—what?????," questioned Anpu. "A Sulimov dog, Sulimov dogs are a type of jackal-dog hybrid between a golden desert Jackal female and a Siberian Husky male.," explains Ríver, "Sulimov dogs are usually used in the Russian military, but I found Niles in Egypt by the River Nile. She is a bit skittish around people she doesn't know, but otherwise she is very friendly.," explain Ríver. "Okay, may I pet her.," asked Anpu, "Uuumm sure, but I advise you let her smell your hand, so she knows you aren't a threat, and please go slow. If you go too fast, she might see you as a threat to her and me.," permits Ríver. "What if she does see me as a threat, what will she do?" questioned Anpu as he slowly bends down to let Niles smell his hand. "Well, if you do go too fast when you approach her, she will bite you." "From what I understand from one of my friends approach her too fast, she bit him very hard and he said it hurt like hellfire.," answered Ríver. As Anpu slowly extend his hand out to Niles to smell, and as Niles hesitated for one second, she realized who Ríver bumped into. As quickly as Niles realized she nudges Anpu's hand, then she started to lick his hand in happiest while her tail is wagging back and front. "Wow, she must really like you. I've never seen her warm up to someone that quickly.," said Ríver in shock at Niles's reaction to Anpu's scent of smell. "I just have that effect on canines.," Anpu laughs nervously. "Niles is that you?," whispered Anpu, as in answer Niles nudges her head against his chest. "AHAHAHAHAHAHA, she must really like you.," giggled Ríver. "Well then Niles gets off him, and let's go show you where the jackal statues are and find where your collages are. Come on get up.," said Ríver, Niles does as Ríver orders and gets off of Anpu, and Ríver helps Anpu up to standing. "Right, so which direction are we going," asked Anpu, "Come on, follow me and Niles, Niles and I like hanging out by the jackal statues.," said Ríver.

✦✦✦

After making their way away from the hallway near Aaron's office, Anpu asked Ríver a question about Niles, "You said that you found Niles in Egypt, by the River Nile?," "Yes, I did.," "How exactly did you find Niles?" asked Anpu, "Well, 8 years ago, I went on an excavation with my friends Rachel, Joey, Phoebe, Acxa, Alexander, Connor, Cassandra, Lysandra, Dorian, and Rachel's older brother Aaron. When we got to the excavation site me and my friends went exploring near the Nile looking a-a-a-a," "Looking a-a-a-a, looking for what" "AAAA, we were just looking around." "While we walking around I heard barking and whimpering coming from the river, when I look towards the river I saw what I thought was a jackal pup." "So I yelled to friends to go get help, while I was made a break towards the river and I jump into the river while my some of the friends were trying to get me to stop and the others went to get help from the excavation site.," said Ríver. "After I jumped into the river I swam as fast as I could to get to the pup when I reach the pup I took her into my arms and started swimming back to the shore." "By the time I got back to the shore Joey, Connor, and Phoebe brought back Aaron and a few of the workers to help, they helped to pull me and jackal pup out of the river." "After they pulled me and the pup out of the water Aaron wrapped his jacket around me and tried to take the pup out of my arms, because for some reason I know the jackal pup as I meet her before...," said Ríver, "Before what?" asked Anpu. "Before I lost all my memories of my life before I meet Rachel, Joey, Phoebe, Acxa, Dorian, Connor, Cassandra, Alexander, and Lysandra, at the time I only had two years of memories with them.," explain Ríver, "Oooo, I'm sorry. So you can't remember anything about your life before you meet your friends?," asked Anpu. "No no I don't remember anything, but sometimes things trigger only bits and fractures of my memories that come back to me over time." "Anyway after we all got back to the site night had fallen, so Aaron told us to all retire to our assigned tents. When I got to my assigned tent, I started to clean up the jackal pup, and when I got a better look I saw that the pup was scared, hungry, wet, and very tired.