Chapter 5

"Ha. You deserve it for being such a big bully. At least Harry's always nice to me. I wonder how he's doing these days. And me? How could you hurt this sweet child?" she said with sickly sweet voice while acting innocent.

I merely scoffed at that and shaked my head. I was glad we still had this never ending banter in us. I kinda missed this.

We walked back into living room again. "Anyway, here we are," I opened the door to balcony. "Your premium view: beach at your doorstep," I stepped out and waved my arms to emphasise the view. The sky was deep, rich blue outside. It was sunny and you could see the beach from the balcony. People were sunbathing and playing beach volleyball. Others were surfing or swimming in the water. It was a fairly narrow balcony with metal railings and wooden deck, perhaps sticking about one and a half metres outside, but you can drag a chair and sit there to enjoy the view.

"Woooow," Lils said breathlessly. "How could you afford this? This must've costed you an arm and a leg." She now leaned against the railing and facing me. The breeze was fairly strong here in 10th floor, it blew her short light mint hair and made ripples in her grey crop top. She flashed her trademark grin. She looked so stunning!

"I was pretty lucky. My job pays okay if a bit tiring. I have been living somewhat frugally and saving up for past five years and I borrowed a little from my parents to afford the down payment. Now I'm in 20 years mortgage plan. As long as I don't mess up too bad I should be able to pay it off in time. Which is not too bad as long as you pay your rent. Wink wink."

She chuckled again with that crisp husky voice. "Heh. That's classic Max. Always being a frugal while bullying your cute cousin. No worries, I've got it covered. I'm glad you go easy with the rent price though. I've checked the rent around here and CBD and they were just insane. Are you sure you're happy with the price? I don't mind paying a bit more. I should be able to afford it with my new job. As long as you don't make it double the current price."

I waved her off. "Pssh, nonsense, Lils. I'm happy with it. It's just later we need to split the electricity and internet bills, which wouldn't be anything dramatic I suppose, and the task of cleaning. I know you're a neat person so I'm not too worried about that. It might be a good idea to take turn in cooking though. I know you're a big foodie AND huge cook if not bigger." I eyed her exposed belly playfully.