The Outside World

Blue skies. Blue skies, fluffy clouds, calm air, green leaves, happy people. For a moment, at least. People started to stare and whisper. Was Tsumugi lying? If they were our fans, would they really act like this? The fans of our suffering, despair, crushed hopes, and broken dreams?

"Sheesh." Maki blurted. "What's with them?" Suddenly, a girl with pitch black hair and lilac colored eyes approached us. "Hey, do you guys need help?" She asked with a gentle tone of voice. "I saw the three of you on a missing poster a few days back." I felt my eyes widen in shock. "Okay, I have to go now, bye!" She ran away abruptly.

Hmm. Is she a part of team danganronpa? Maybe I'm reading too much into things. "Tsumugi lied to us." Maki muttered. "These people look like they don't know who we are." She said. "Okay, but what do we do now?" Himiko asked lazily.

"We could knock on the doors of random houses." Maki suggested. "That just might be our only option." I said. Leading us, Maki walked up to a random house and knocked. We waited for a second before a familiar face answered. Kaito's grandmother.

I know it's her. "I saw her in those videos." I mumbled under my breath. "You had Kaito's, right?" Maki asked. "Kaito?" The lady questioned. "That's my grandson's name!" Oh no. What do I do? I can't tell her he's dead. That's brutal.

"Sorry to disturb you, ma'am. We've got the wrong house." Maki shut the door and exhaled deeply. "Oh my god. That... wow." Maki sighed. "Nyeh... I'm hungry." Himiko muttered. "There's a restaurant just across the street." I suggested. "And where will we get the money for that?" Maki scoffed. "Ah, I don't exactly know-" I was interrupted suddenly. "I have some spare change." Himiko pulled out thirty dollars from her pocket.

Timeskip

"Nyehhhhhh... I'm so full." Himiko huffed. "Where do we go now?" I asked. "We don't have the money for a hotel-" "No, that's wrong!" Himiko exclaimed, interrupting me. "When I was in the hidden room in the library all by myself, I found a lot of money." She pulled several stacks of cash out of her pockets. "No." Maki bluntly shut her down. "We should go to a mental hospital." She pointed to a huge building. "We should preserve the money we have, anyway."

With that settled, we went to the hospital, checked ourselves in, and went to our rooms. With nothing to do, and I was exhausted, by the way, I quickly fell asleep on my bed.

(434 words)