08. 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐛

viii

viii. "It's good to know you've made it through."
season one, episode five

𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐒 everyone had started to panic, the water was rising, and even more sparks were flying

"Okay, listen! We just need to know which switch turns on the light." Tatta explained. "I'll go into the room first, we'll take turns."

"If you go in the door won't close!" Arisu said, going against the plan.

"Let's see...and you can only try once with the door open." Kuina repeated.

"But if we close the door, it doesn't make sense to flip a switch. We won't know if the light's on." Tatta protested.

"Yes, but suppose we flip the A switch with the door open, but the lightbulb doesn't light. Then we'll only know that it's not the A switch." Ann explained.

"We'll, have you got a better idea? I say that you...flip the A switch with the door open."

"And if the lightbulb doesn't go on?" asked Kuina.

"If the lightbulb turns on then its switch A. If not, it's B or C. That way we've got a 50 percent chance."

"66 percent." Ann cut in.

"You sure? It should be 50 percent."

"Gotta tell you, I'm not following any of this." Kuina said, feeling more anxious as the water rises.

"What will you do, Arisu, Sakura?" questioned Ann.

Sakura had no idea why they were challenging her for an executive spot. Arisu was a reasonable person for an executive. He was smart and determined and never left anyone behind. But Sakura? Sakura didn't believe she was good for anything.

Arisu shifted his gaze over to Sakura and she shrugged her shoulders. Tatta's plan was all any of them could think of under the pressure.

"Alright, with the door open, I'll flip the switch! If the lightbulb doesn't light well be left with choosing between the other two switches." Arisu planned, getting ready.