Ch3 Something new

AS we followed Anthony I started getting butterflies in my stomach cus I would get to see Laura and that would make my day so much better.

WE got to the pool but I didn't see Laura. That's when my heart dropped.
Had she left? Did I take too long?

I asked Anthony and to my pleasure he said She's inside. I quickly ran up to Anthony's apartment and knocked. I heard the familiar voice that had made me feel so much better so many times. She said "Who's this?" To which I just said it's me cupcake. She instantly knew it was me cus I'm the only one Who calls her that. She opened the door and called out " "cubanito u made it" I just told her "yeah. For you". Then I asked why she was upstairs to which she answered I wasn't gonna do any of those things without you cubanito. I INSTANTLY GREW A HUGE SMILE. I held her hand  while my face inched closer and closer to hers hoping she accepts my offer of putting myself out there.

SHE DID.

From outside I heard a voice saying "you guys coming?"

She pulled away and whispered to me "we should probably go outside"

So I changed into some shorts Anthony had layed out for those like me that weren't prepared and followed her. She guided me holding my hand. Something I hadn't felt in what felt like for ever. And all I could think about is I'm happy. I could tell she was too. And it all was like a breeze of nostalgia overtaking my mind. We finally made it to the pool and everyone was already inside. She instantly let go of my hand and jumped in. Her curly hair flying through the wind. It was a picture perfect moment.

She popped up out of the water and gestured me to follow her lead. I smiled and darted towards the edge of the pool. I jumped. And for a second, everything went slow motion. I could feel the wind on every uncovered inch of my body as I flew through the air. Not really flying because the water approached me but flying because I was only affected by a fraction of the usual gravity. The water came closer and closer and I closed my eyes in anticipation. And all of a sudden, it all hit me.