Peabody

Poppie

Classes started just like Shayla said. I had etiquette, language and yoga classes in the morning and culinary, finances and self defense classes in the evening. Every night my ass was tired. Shayla wasn't lying when she said they would have me doing a bit of everything all at once. It was cool though because I had nothing else to do.

Shayla was finished on my level therefore she was in none of my classes. So I had to make some friends. I had classes with a few of the girls that were onboarding with me. Leddy from Humboldt Park was in my etiquette class and Becky from Dolton was in my self defense class.

"Hey Poppie," Leddy said as I entered the class and sat down at the desk next to her.

"Hey Leddy girl,"

"Girl, did you hear that Becky tried to get with Mr. Peabody?" she asked, looking at me to see if I knew.

"What? Are you serious?" Of course, I didn't know. "Wait, how? Why? What the fuck?"

"I know right?"

"What was she thinking?"

"Well word around here is that he will get down and dirty with some of the girls every once in a while. But he's real picky,"

"Real picky? That makes no sense. I heard he and Ms. McBride got a 'thing' going on and shit," I responded.

Leddy's eyes grew instantly.

"Did you find out what happened?"

"Yeah, he told her that he wasn't able to accommodate her just yet, but he will keep her in mind later," she said.

"What the fuck does that mean?" I asked.

"I don't know," she straightened up as the instructor walked in and closed the door.

"Shit, well I'll find out when I see her in my last class," I said as the instructor came to the front.

Becky wanted to try out Mr. Peabody. Shit, I don't blame her. That motherfucker looks good and looks like he can fuck better. I just know he laid that pipe good as hell. I see why Ms. McBride is walking tall with no complaints. She gets her back blown out on a daily basis. I can't help but be impressed.

Shayla and I had lunch together since we were in the same building. It was nice to be able to work with her. Shit, it was nice to be able to work for Ms. McBride. She was a woman who I look up to as she has her shit on point. She thought about everything that would be needed for her company to flourish.

I was shocked as shit when Shayla took me to the cafeteria. It was a full service cafeteria that served breakfast, lunch and dinner. The cafeteria stayed open until 9 pm for those who take the evening classes, therefore dinner was served for them as well.

"She owns the entire building," Shayla said as we sat down to devour lunch.

"Really, well damn. She has god-like money,"

"Pretty much," Shayla answered.

"Hey about Mr. Peabody," I started and Shayla squinted her eyes at me.

"What?"

"Girl, I hope you not thinking about hittin' and quittin' with him,"

"I'm not. I'm curious, but not interested. But that motherfucker is fine,"

"That he is,"

"Okay, so he does get down with some of the girls?"

"He does. I've seen him take a few of them out. But it's like simple fuck and then he's back to Vanessa's side. She got him on a long leash and she knows how hard to pull it,"