CHAPTER 3: MAKING UP (AND OUT)

.

.

.

Tension had never been as bad between the two as it was now. Both Billy and Stu sat on the couch, but at an uncomfortable distance. The horror movie played out in front of them both, but neither was really paying attention to it. Ever since last night, everything had felt different between them. 

Billy sat with crossed arms leaning back into the couch. Stu sat with his legs crossed, awkwardly hunched over as his eyes weren't actually focusing on the screen, but rather on his hands or the floor. The silence was almost loud as they would usually talk during movies, especially horror ones. They would always point out clichés or what the characters could've done to stay alive, but this time was.. different.

Billy was slowly getting frustrated with the situation. "This movie is trash." He commented, keeping his expression blank. 

Stu simply hummed in response. That's all. Stu wanted to shrug off last night as something insignificant, but it felt like it was so much more than that..

Billy stared at Stu, but Stu kept his eyes glued to his hands. The brunette clenched his jaw, trying to control his frustration. 

"We need to sort things out," Billy began, "Look, last night wasn't supposed to happen. We.." He trailed off into a sigh.

"Yeah? Then why'd we do it smart guy?" Stu raised his brows in a mildly sarcastic stare. This was the first time they'd held eye-contact for longer than 2 seconds ever since last night.

Billy's gaze flickered, before he shook his head and reached over to playfully push Stu as a response. "Shut up."

"Ow.." Stu sulked, "Why're you so bitter?" He dramatically pouted.

They're dynamic had always been like this. From 0 to a 100, from left to right, from up to down, from serious to joking. 

"Besides.. We were just helping each other out, right?" Stu leaned closer, a cocky smile on his lips. "Nothin' wrong with that.."

Billy paused and took a second to take in Stu's features. His fuzzy, short dirty blonde hair, his steel blue eyes and dimples. A chuckle escaped Billy as he looked down, this feeling was ridiculous, but he couldn't help but give in to it. "Whatever."

Billy pulled Stu by his sweater, their lips meeting once again. Stu felt a wave of surprise roll over him, but it was quickly overtaken by the feeling of relief and then so much more than that. The more they leaned into the kiss, the more they realized that their friendship was over and was going to be replaced with something much more.. messy.

Stu smiled into the kiss, his hand gently cupping Billy's cheek. Billy pushed Stu back into the plush couch, climbing on top. Once the two broke apart to catch their breath, Billy wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, his dark eyes staring down at Stu. "I hate you." He panted as he leaned close again.

"You love me." Stu teased and Billy rolled his eyes before they locked in a kiss again. 

As they continued to indulge in each other's warmth Billy found himself growing more and more interested in seeing just how far he could push this. He moved away from Stu's lips, left a kiss on his ear and multiple more down his neck. He could smell and almost taste Stu's citrusy cologne.

When he bit down Stu groaned in pleasure but said: "Easy, easy.. How am I gonna explain to Tatum if you leave marks?" He softly chuckled. 

Billy paused at Stu's words, furrowing his brows. He moved to look at Stu, "Really? You didn't seem to worry a whole lot about that when you made these on me." Billy pulled down his collar and tilted his head to the side, revealing red-purplish bitemarks trailing down his neck and collarbone as he stared accusingly down at Stu.