Alice Chapter 3

I tapped on my new blue cast as I picked out some movies to bring. I chose 3 great ones and then set off to Isabelle's house. I twirled my long ponytail with my good hand. I hummed subconsciously to myself. I only lived a block away from Isabelle, so I walked to her house in a minute. But when her house came into view, I saw a figure walking up to it.

That must be him. I thought. I couldn't make out any features in the dim moonlight, but from what I saw he was not freakishly tall, and not short either. I could tell nothing more. He came into view and I looked away when he could see me. I walked across her lawn and to the door. Before I even looked up, Isabelle answered the door.

She smiled at me and then at him. "I see you two have already met." Isabelle said implyingly. I smacked my pale hand to my face and groaned.

"I didn't even have time." I said, annoyed.

"Yeah." The boy said quietly. "Oh, umm I'm Seungmin by the way."

We walked into Isabelle's house. Seungmin sat on the same couch as me at the same time. Isabelle laughed and sat in the chair next to my side of the couch. She smiled at Seungmin.

"I'm Isabelle Jacobsen."

I turned to Seungmin  and saw that he had medium  -but not spiky-hair that was a dark brown way darker than mine, lively dark brown eyes and a kind smile yet mischievous. I smiled back at him.

"Hi. I'm Alice Clark."

"It's great to finally meet you, Isabelle and Alice." He said warmly. Isabelle jumped up as she said, "Oh yeah I've got snacks!"

We ate snacks, and got to know each other better. We laughed a lot too. I learned that Seungmin has a very similar mindset to mine. Very sarcastic and humorous and not afraid to be straight forward.

We walked to the living room and Isabelle picked up my movies and added them to her stack of ideas. She read the titles of the movies out loud so we could vote on which one we prefered to watch.

I enjoyed the movie, but just over an hour into the movie my eyes started to drift closed. I couldn't keep them open.

---

I woke blearily to my head rising and falling slowly, but repeatedly. I moved my head very slowly, and noticed that the left side of my face felt warm. I looked up and would have jumped if Seungmin hadn't stopped me. I had fallen asleep on his shoulder. The movie was over and Isabelle wasn't in the room. I looked around the room and couldn't see Isabelle.

"What happened?" I asked, dazed. He chuckled.

"You fell asleep during the movie. At first you slept normally, but then you put your head on my shoulder and seemed content so we didn't move you. Isabelle went on a walk because she was laughing so much she almost woke you up. It's been about thirty minutes since the movie ended. We didn't want to wake you up, so Isabelle and I just talked until you talked in your sleep about an 'art history class' nightmare you were having. She couldn't hold it in any longer and had to go on a walk. But before that she told me how you broke your hand, more about the school, and just told me stories about you and your friends."

"I talked in my sleep? I never do that. At least I don't I do... Not the best 'Welcome to the area' movie night..."

Seungmin shook his head. "It's fine. Your being normal enough around me is the best way to feel like this town is home." I shrugged, not wanting to lose the point I was trying to make. I soon became bored waiting for Isabelle.

"Let's play a game. I'm bored and need to stay awake so I don't sleep on your shoulder again."

He grinned. "I don't mind if you fall asleep. I might doze off too." I smiled back. I really was tired and it wouldn't hurt if I closed my eyes for a little bit. The way Seungmin talked made it impossible not to agree with him. His tone was to persuasive and he sounded too reasonable unless he got silly then it was hard to take him serious.

"Okay fine. I just hope I don't talk in my sleep again." He nodded. I leaned my head on Seungmin's shoulder and closed my eyes. The rising and falling as he breathed in and out was relaxing.

Seungmin's breathing became more and more even. I felt bad. I was the reason he hadn't been able to sleep last time. Seungmin's shoulder began to move and I opened my eyes and looked at him. Seungmin's eyes were closed. He had just extended his arm to the side so it fell across my shoulders. I leaned back again. This was more comfortable, I had to admit. I closed my eyes again and relaxed.

I knew this person for only a few hours, yet I felt I knew him completely. It didn't take long before I fell asleep and began to dream.

In my dream I was sitting in an oak tree. Seungmin and my friends were all on the ground below me. I looked at them and noticed there were also other guys, including Taehyung. Taehyung held Isabelle's hand, Jisung held Nicole's, and Jennie, Rose, Jisoo and Lisa all held hands with familiar looking guys.

 I think they were a part of Taehyung and Jisung friend group. The only person I saw not holding a hand was Seungmin , who was reaching his arms up to the tree, asking me to jump to him. But before I could think I fell backwards out of the tree and sat up on the couch.

I looked around. I hadn't been on Seungmin's right shoulder the way I had been when I fell asleep, I had been asleep on his left shoulder. I looked at him. He was still asleep, but was a little restless now. I layed back down so I didn't wake him up. He became peaceful again.

I heard a quiet snicker from the chair. I saw Isabelle with her phone pointed at me.

"Turn it off!" I whispered. She actually did. I had thought she would protest. She met my eyes and I could tell it was hard for her to not laugh.

"I came back twenty minutes ago and saw you asleep on his shoulder. This time his arm was around your shoulders. It was hard not to laugh at that alone. But then a couple minutes later you changed to sleeping against his other arm. You both seemed to be having dreams. It was hilarious."

I glared at her. Seungmin's arms came around me like a hug as if they were teasing me and Isabelle. I rolled my eyes at Isabelle.

"Great. I'm stuck." I whispered. Isabelle shrugged.

"Not my problem." She said. Then without pausing ran quickly but quietly up the stairs with her phone. She assured me she wouldn't send any pictures or videos to anyone except Taehyung and she would make promise to not send them to anyone. But that was like telling a dog to never bark or a tiger to never growl. I just knew it was gonna get leaked.

"Get back here and help me!" I shouted in a whisper. The only response I got was a ghostly snicker. I glared at the stairs. I was trapped. I would have to wait for Seungmin to wake up because he deserved more sleep and I would not be the reason to interfere again.

I looked at how his arms were positioned around me. His left arm was beneath my head, his hand draped over my left shoulder. His right arm was curled around me, around my waist and his hand pressed to my back. It was now impossible to move away from him without waking him up.

I could occasionally hear Isabelle's faint giggles from upstairs and glowered at her through the ceiling because she had abandoned me with a stranger. What if Seungmin was a crazed serial killer? Though a cute one at that, I quickly banished the thought and choked down the laugh that came as a result of the funny thought. I began to doze off for the third time that night. But this time there were no dreams.