𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒯𝓌𝑜

Serpent

"Mattheo please, wait!" I yell. He quickly turns to face me, with tears in his eyes.
"I hate birthdays, something bad always happens to me, different year, same bullshit." He sobs.
"Listen, I know apologising isn't gonna mean shit right now, but please just hear me out." I say.
"Was he good?" He asks, grabbing my arm tightly. "Mattheo.." I begin.
"Answer me! Was he good?!" He grips my arms tight, not letting go.
"Mattheo you're hurting me!" I start crying.
"Fuck.. I'm sorry. Please just answer me." He says.
"He was different." I admit, tears rolling down my cheeks.
"Different how?" He asks quickly.
"Mattheo we had just broken up, and I was so upset and.." He cuts me short.
"Upset? You were upset? You broke up with me! I was distraught. I nearly drank myself to death because I thought I lost you forever, and the first thing you do is fuck one of my best friends?!" He shouts, with his arms wide open. I stay silent, still sobbing.
"I'm sorry.." I say.
"Oh you're sorry? Well I guess that makes everything ok again, wow Vivienne, I feel fantastic." He laughs sarcastically.
"What do you want me to say?" I close my eyes.
"Do you love him?" He asks.
"Of course not. I love you! I'm so in love with you." I say, walking towards him.
"I'm so in love with you too Vivienne, and I.. I hate that he's been with you, he's seen you naked, your souls were connected, in that intimate moment, I can't get it out of my head." He tightly closes his tear filled eyes.
"Mattheo.." I edge closer to him.
"Please just leave me alone for a while." He says. "But.." He cuts me off.
"I said leave me alone!" He shouts. I had no choice but to walk away from him, he was so upset, and rightfully so. I head back to the camp, where everyone was still sitting by the fire.

"Where is he?" Pansy asks.
"He wants to be left alone." I say. Pansy picks up a few bottles, throwing them into a garbage bag.
"Do you think he'll come back?" Blaise asks. I shrug my shoulders, feeling my eyes fill with tears.
"Vivienne, I'm so sorry." Theo says.
"It's not your fault Theo, it's mine." I sigh. I walk into my tent, taking my coat off, and sit on my bed, seeing Pansy walk in.
"Hey, are you ok?" She asks.
"No." I say, beginning to sob. Pansy walks over and sits next to me, giving me a hug.
"I really fucked up, big time." I wipe my tears on my sleeve.
"This was suppose to be a fun day, for all of us, what if he doesn't come back?" I continue to sob.
"He will come back, don't worry." Pansy states.
"Yeah but, how do you know?" I ask.
"Because he's so in love with you Vivienne." She smiles, and kisses my forehead. I lean onto her shoulder, noticing my tears on her cardigan.
"Oh, sorry, I think I got snot all over you." I smile.
"Oh it's fine, it's just Louis Vuitton." She rolls her eyes playfully. We both start laughing, before heading back outside.

"I guess we aren't playing truth or dare anymore?" Draco asks.
"No.. you bloody idiot!" Pansy slaps his head.
"Watch the hair!" He snaps, smoothing it back into place. Pansy scoffs, sitting down on the log, next to the fire. I zip up my coat, and sit next to Enzo, who offers me some rum.
"Thanks."
We sit and talk to for a while, hoping that Mattheo would return, I look at the time on my watch, 1:27am.
"Pansy I don't think he's coming back, I'm gonna go out and look for him." I say, getting up from the log. "Im coming with you!" She replies.
"Well if you're going, so I'm I." Draco says.
"Please be careful, and don't die." Blaise chuckles.

________________

We head out into the darkness, you could barely see a thing, so we take out our wands, muttering a spell. "Lumos Maxima." Our wands lights up, and we head deeper into the forest, seeing any sign of Mattheo.

"Mattheo!" I shout. We make our way over to the lake, and there was still no sign of him.
"Where do you think he could be?!" I groan.
"You want my honest opinion? He probably went back to Hogwarts." Draco says. Pansy shoved him lightly. "What? I think he did!" He says. We suddenly get startled by a branch snapping, and we could hear it edging closer towards us.
"Both of you stay behind me." Draco whispers.
"Who is there?!" He shouts. We could see a dark figure in the distance, walking towards us, I could feel my muscles tense, my breathing became more rapid, I was starting to panic. The figure gets closer, and then he shows his face. It was Mattheo.
"Oh thank god, where have you been?" I ask, hugging him.
"Near the lake, I told you I wanted to be left alone." He says. Just then, we see yet another figure in the distance, walking towards us.
"Mattheo.. Who was with you?" I ask
"No one, why?" He raises an eyebrow.
"Then who is that?" Draco asks, pointing his wand.