CLUE 10: The Substitute

POV: 3rd Person

In the peaceful atmosphere of her office, Chie-sensei, the sole teacher of the quaint school nestled in the heart of the modest village of Hinamizawa, was bent over her desk. The building, housing a limited number of students across various grades, seemed calm and isolated from the tumult of the outside world.

With papers in hand and chopsticks within reach, she diligently attended to an administrative task, savoring a generous portion of curry rice, her favorite dish, between each signature. The enticing aroma wafted through the air, creating a warm and inviting ambiance.

Chie-sensei beamed with happiness, her face illuminated by a benevolent smile that underscored her contentment

Chie-sensei beamed with happiness, her face illuminated by a benevolent smile that underscored her contentment. She skillfully juggled between her professional duty and the gustatory pleasure, turning this daily moment into a small parenthesis of joy in her routine.

... ... ... ... ...

Suddenly, a gentle knock on the door broke the comforting silence of the room. The sound, both subtle and deliberate, suggested that someone wished to meet her. Chie-sensei's eyes lifted from her papers, a hint of intrigue sparkling in her gaze. Who could be the author of this impromptu visit? A thrill of anticipation ran down her spine, and she prepared to welcome the unknown visitor into her educational sanctuary.

Chie-sensei savored the last bite of her delicious curry, delicately placing her chopsticks on the edge of her plate. Slowly swiveling in her chair, she found herself facing the door of her office. Her face, unchanged by indulgence, reflected an apparent tranquility, but a spark of anticipation glimmered in her eyes.

The question lingered in the air: was this sudden visit expected by the sole teacher of Hinamizawa School? Judging by her reserved yet attentive demeanor, an obvious conclusion was forming. The unexpected seemed to have found its place in Chie-sensei's usual routine, awakening in her a curiosity mixed with a certain readiness to welcome this mysterious visitor.

Chie-sensei: Oh, you're already here? Great, come on in!

It took only moments after Chie-sensei uttered these words, gracefully rising from her chair and gently wiping her mouth. As soon as she assumed this posture, the door opened slowly, revealing the long-awaited silhouette of the person who had chosen this precise moment to enter Chie-sensei's office.

The newcomer, confidently entering the modest office, had an undeniably teacher-like appearance, though her demeanor markedly differed from that of Chie-sensei. The distinct click of her heels echoed in the room as she advanced with measured assurance, her face marked by severity that contrasted with Chie-sensei's gentle expression.