CLUE 11: The Disappearance of Kyotaka Ayanokoji 5

POV : Kei

It was bitterly cold, with the breeze chilling me to the bone despite the sun shining bright and strong, without really offering any warmth. There, sitting on a bench a bit apart in the park, with Hirata, Kushida, Horikita, and Ichinose, away from prying eyes, we had to discuss serious stuff.

"Kyo, where the hell are you? I would give anything to be sure nothing serious has happened to you..."

Everything's been off since this morning. What's the deal? Kyo disappeared just after saving me from Ryuen's clutches, and since then, nothing's been right. They tell me he's been gone for a week, whereas for me, it's barely been a day! Just like for the others here. I don't get it, I feel awful... sad, emptied, exhausted? I don't know... This sensation is new to me. It took me a while to realize I was head over heels for Kiyotaka... And now, you're telling me he's disappeared? What's this joke? It's like fate is conspiring against me!

I don't understand anything. After the show of force he gave me, I figure he can defend himself, right? Why would he have run away, or hidden? Another one of his twisted strategies, maybe? Honestly, with him, expect anything. It's just impossible to know what he's cooking up... And maybe that's also why I'm falling for him.

Anyway, now that we're here, might as well talk about it. But seriously, what are we going to talk about? There's zero clues, nada! It's crazy, even the school's security is in the dark. What are we supposed to do, exactly?

Plus, Horikita pissed me off earlier with her questions. Why does she want to know if I'm close to Kyo or not? It doesn't change anything. Why would I have harmed him, seriously? She doesn't get feelings, that one.

Ugh, I'm tired of thinking about all this. We'd better be looking for him instead of yapping. Classes can wait, right? I had suggested getting somewhere warm, but no, we ended up coming here because it's lunch break and then we have classes. As if school is the most important thing right now! Maybe we'll go rummage through the dorm tonight, but in the meantime, we're wasting time.

... ... ... ... ...

Sitting there, arms and legs crossed, I sank into my corner of the bench, utterly annoyed. Beside me, Hirata, always so calm and serious, I wonder how he does it. And Kushida, with her sickening smile, as if nothing was wrong... Now that I know she's the mole of Class D, I see her differently. She might not be directly involved, but she's surely in on it. Wouldn't surprise me if this was Ryuen's doing, just for revenge.

And then, in front of me, Horikita with her unbearable air of superiority, and Ichinose, always as kind and intelligent. Thankfully she's here, she might be able to help us find Kyo. All I want is to make sure he's okay.

(OST stops)

Ichinose: We don't have much time before classes resume, but I think we can still take a moment to discuss and review our recent experiences. I encourage each of you to share your thoughts and theories. It's important for us to stay united and support each other!

Hirata: Absolutely, you're right. We really have a lot on our plate, and even if we're a bit pressed for time, we should at least try to take stock together. It will allow us to see clearly what has happened recently and ensure we're all aligned for what's next.

Kushida: Oh, absolutely, I'm totally with you on this! We really need to stick together if we want to unravel this story and find Ayanokoji. It's by being united that we'll manage, for sure.