[11] Grounded

(A/N) Have a sketch from the last chapter!

- - - - -

"What on earth is wrong with you?!"

Henry looked down at his feet as his mother yelled.

"I called you over an hour ago, what made you think you could just ignore me and stay out however late you want?!"

"I-"

"Don't start giving me excuses!"

"But-"

"Don't be horrid, Henry! No phone for a week!"

Henry groaned, knowing that arguing against that was only going to make it last longer. He reluctantly took his phone from his pocket and placed it into his mother's open hand.

"Go to your room! You can go without tea seeing as you clearly don't care enough to come home on time!"

"That's not fair!"

"Tough! Go!"

Henry stormed up the stairs, slamming his bedroom door shut. Maybe getting his phone taken away was a fair punishment, but for a week? And no food on top of that? Henry thought that was stupid.

He lay on his bed, staring at the ceiling. This was going to be a boring weekend. He wanted more than anything to text Ralph, because Ralph was the only person who could keep him occupied even when there was nothing else to do. Instead, he was stuck with no one but himself and his family.

That being said, Henry hadn't the slightest idea what he would have said to Ralph if he was able to text him. Not after what had happened that day. The realisation began to set in.

Henry and Ralph had kissed.

And that was when the spiralling thoughts began. Oh my god, I kissed Ralph. What do I do now? Does this mean I'm gay? Does Ralph even like me that way?

He chewed on his thumb absentmindedly. Was this what he wanted? In the moment it was easy for Henry to forget about his worries, but now the gravity of the situation was hitting him like a brick. Ralph was Henry's best friend; that was the way it had always been, and Henry wasn't sure he was ready for it to be any other way.

What about his family? If Henry really was gay, would he have to tell them? Because he had a nagging feeling that such a scenario wouldn't go down very well. And his friends... would they judge him? What would people think if they saw him and Ralph together?

Was what Henry felt for Ralph even love? Henry figured it was normal to feel a different way about your best friend than anyone else. But what was normal, and what wasn't? Henry thought about it. How happy he was whenever Ralph smiled. How warm he felt whenever Ralph was near him. The way Ralph called his name. Henry...

Henry...

"Henry!" Peter hissed, startling his older brother.

"What?" Henry blinked, looking in the direction of the voice. "Oh, it's you. What do you want, worm?"