Dethroned

Tonight is the citizens conference. Myself and the king will be attending along with any of the people of the kingdom who wish to speak with us. My dress is long and flowy made of silky materials. Lilacs and lavender woven into the butter soft fabric. Golden details intricately placed throughout the pattern. My lips hold a soft pink to match the calming purple of my gown. The hairs of my head made to be perfect in each placement. Every strand hand placed by a maid. Flowers and gems scattered across my hair.
   The sound of my footsteps pitter patter down the golden hall. The guards open the doors upon my arrival and as soon as the large crowd caught sight of my entry they erupt with cheers. I smile beautifully and wave with my appreciation. The dress surrounds me as I flourish into my seat next to the king, my beloved husband. We attend to many requests. A mother and a child in need of shelter. An elderly widow searching for care. A young lumberjack hoping for tranquility and privacy. All of these people who love and respect me and need my help. What would they do without their loving King and Queen?
   The King was attending to a young women looking for a job. At that moment my attention drifted to the crowd when a flickering of a shadow caught my eyes. There were a few grunts and murmurs in the crowd, everyone was stirring. Then a middle aged woman close to the front drops to the floor with a blood-curdling wail. The crowd splits like the red sea and there she was sitting on the floor in a heap. She lifted the leg of her work pants to show the midnight blue veins spreading through her leg. My legs spring me up from my thrown. The guards flood forward. One of them begins to address the women while another is commanded to find a medic.
   Another scream boomed from the the audience closest to the side entrance. Suddenly the shimmery golden walls and intricate chandeliers are giving me a headache. One by one people through  the crowd drop like flies.My heart is beating in my ears. I stumble backwards to the vacant air between the  thrones.
   A warm hand clasps over my lips and whispers into my ear. As a cold blade is placed to my exposed side.
   "Sorry for the bother your highness but you have something I want" he stated coldly.
   His voice was smooth and dark. There was a slight sharpness to it like the one a phyco killer would carry.
   "What do you want" I respond muffled by his hand.
"Those three silver rings on your pointer and thumbs. And your crown. As a trophy" his voice ripples off his tongue to my ears sending cold chills down my spine.
    "Who are you and what are triumphing" I inquire trying not to sound as terrified as I feel.
"Excuse my manners I forgot to introduce myself. I got a little preoccupied lacing your subjects with deadly poison. But if you insist on formality. I am Prince Sterling Brookes of the Highland royal family" he explains with deep malice dripping from each word.
  "And as for my triumph..." He drags out his answer the knife pressing slightly closer to my ribs.
He leans closer to me his breath warm on my ears but his words cold as ice.
"Your death"
   The words fall to ground. I try to jump away from his grasp but he grabs me by the waist. The knife jabs into my side and then slides across my throat. Everything fades my hands reach for my side but my mind can't comprehend where my ribs are. Wheezes escape my mouth and my lungs beg for air. My body falls limp to the floor with a loud thud. Darkness something the pain as everything disappears.