Chapter 1

I had heard about it,  I had talked about it, even read about it, but never actually remembered. I was 7 when it happened and was took in the middle of the park. My mom said I was gone for a couple months before they found me, in a chamber of sorts. Starving and very dehydrated. I had been tortured in every way you can think of.

Since then my mom hasn't let me out of her sights. It was only 3 years ago that I was able to go to school and parties. I understand why, but it's fucking annoying. But today is the day, I get to see the world by myself.

"Kasey, get down here, breakfast is done." Jason yelled. "You better hurry before I eat your eggs." He said with a laugh.

Jason remembers it all. Now he watches me every day at school, even though he graduated. But today is the last day and I finally get to be free from all the chains.

"Honey, he's eating your eggs now." My father called.

I race down the stairs and see him eating them. "Jason! Seriously, you just had to take my meal didn't you." He just rolls his eyes.

"I told you I would. And you know I follow through with my promises." He says with a mouthful of eggs. He swallows them and bellows as I give him the death stare

"Mom he's eating my food," I say as he gives me pleading look not to tell. "And he won't stop." He rolls his eyes.

"I didn't eat that many, plus I'm and adult. You can't yell at me." He says in a bratty tone.

"Boy I don't not give a fuck if your an adult, I'll still beat your ass. Don't eat your sisters food." My mom says in a stern tone. "Kasey, you better be ready you only have an hour until school starts. Last day. Don't be late." She says as she folds clothes.

"I'm ready and I'm not gonna be late. But I do have to go, I love you all. Bye" I run out the door, and jump into my car. The plate of eggs I was carrying falls on the floor as I try to turn on the car. "Shit!"

I sweep the eggs out as fast as I can and speed down the road.
                                      ...
I get to school right on time. As soon as I enter the class the last bell rings. "Miss Kasey you were almost late again." Mrs.Custard says with a laugh. "Now take your seat." She says still grinning.

I sit by my boyfriend Zach. He gives me a kiss and a couple kids giggle. My face gets red, and he says "Aw are you embarrassed of me. I guess you won't be getting anymore kisses for today." With a grin on his face.

I love that silly little smile. It makes me happy to see him happy.

"Oh you know I love you . And I would do anything to get another." He just sits there and giggles to himself.

"Well then I'd love to give you another one." He says as he kisses me on the forehead.  "You should come over tonight, we could watch a movie, order Chinese food. My mom could make some food if that's what you want"

"Kasey, Zach, is there anything that you want to share with class? I'm sure your full of thing to tell, based on how much you talking back there." Mrs.Custard says with a  stupid little smirk on her face.

"No ma'am. I got nothing to say." Zach replies.

A couple kids laugh to themselves. But they quickly stop as I shoot them a glare.

Being the head cheerleader and dating the captain of the football team, really gives me popularity and power. It's what the popular kids call the "Significant P's." I don't like to enforce them, but when you need to, you need to.

"I can't come over tonight. I'm going to my grandma's house for her birthday." I whisper to Zach. His smile drops. "I'll try to be over there as soon as possible. I promise."

"Shake on it?" I reach out and shake his hand. "You better hold up that promise. Or I'll have to take you." He says in jokingly manner.

After school I had a flat tire, so Zach brought me home and said hi to my family. After he kissed me goodnight and bid his fairwell, he went home.