01

The sun had rose and was peeking through the gap in the curtains of [Y/n]'s bedroom, 

his apartment located in a small town not far from many places however still quiet enough. The hustle of the simple village life was already making its way around the streets along with the sounds of trains and birds flying along.

The male was stood barefoot in between his bathroom and bedroom staring into the mirror contently, he was getting ready for the first day of his second year of high school being enough stress as it is he couldn't even button his shirt.

His pants drooped around his feet hanging on his hips desperate not to fall lower before he managed to get a belt on. His gently cut nails were aching from how long he had been fidgeting with his buttons and he was just about to finish the last one before hearing his phone buzz on the counter.

The phone vibrated against the marble surface of his bathroom counter multiple times before the male sighed dropping his arms releasing the last button again as he reached for his phone.

He looked at the caller ID flipping it open and answering the call, he knew it was coming but he decided this was the easiest way for him to do things.

"Hey [Y/n] the gates are closing soon you know, you might wanna get into school.."

The well known familiar voice called through the phone sounding so happy and awake he was almost singing.

"Uhm about that.."

The male had planned this out months ago after finding out the news from his mother, she was chirping with excitement when she told him really, he didn't know why but now that the moment had come he couldn't seem to get his words out it all felt surreal to him why was he doing this in the first place

"..I just can't come in today day Kuroo.."

He sighed once more this time more quietly to not alert his friend, he hated himself for lying but what else could he do. He could hear the electronic buzzing of his phone as he awaited an answer, what would happen if he'd told Kuroo the reason.

"You could've said.. I brought you a spare bento, you can be an idiot sometimes, now Kenmas going to have to eat it.."

He laughed to himself before growing silent, he spoke up again this time his voice sounding more serious and definately at least a bit worried.

"What's with the last name? You know Tetsurō's just fine.. and why aren't you in? You sick or something?"

[Y/n] looked at his reflection in the bathroom mirror seeing the stupid expression painted on his face, his eyes slightly widened not in shock but disappointment, he swallowed his spit looking back down at his feet as he slumped against the wall of his bathroom.

"Something like that.." He mumbled making his sentence barely audible to the other.

"Just uh.. go ask Kenma I've gotta go now Kur- Tetsurō.."

His [H/c] bangs covered his face maybe for the better, if he saw himself in the mirror he'd cripple from embarrassment.

"Alright then.. try come back soon you wouldn't want to miss practice would you..aha.."

He chuckled continuing his laugh letting it flow into a sigh, they quickly said their goodbyes and ended the call leaving [Y/n] staring at the glowing screen of his flip-phone in silence

"Bye Tetsurō.." He sighed to himself regretting not telling Kuroo earlier, perhaps they could have worked something out, maybe this wouldn't be so difficult for [Y/n] to confess..