Part 10

Chapter 10

They woke up in the late morning. The first to open her eyes was Cristina who remained to contemplate her husband's wonderful features. She couldn't believe that such a special man could be all hers. She had explored every inch of that muscular body with amber skin and never tired of contemplating it in all its splendour. She decided she wanted to surprise him. She put on his white shirt that was lying on the floor, like all their clothes, and went down to the kitchen. She prepared him a hearty breakfast and hid among the napkins on the tray a small package she had prepared the day before: she had bought a watch for Buck, engraved with their initials and two dates: their first meeting and their wedding day: they were the two dates that had sanctioned their history. The day they met, Red Bear had given her to him as his wife, so it was the date of their first Kiowa wedding.

She went upstairs silently so as not to wake him up and spoil the surprise. Luckily he was still asleep, he was a very heavy sleeper and in fact the night before had exhausted him...

She placed the tray on the bedside table and went to pull the curtains aside a bit to let in some rays of light but that didn't wake him up either. She then approached him on the bed and started blowing on his face, then she approached his ear and whispered: "Mr. Cross, wake up, your little wife has prepared a surprise for you" and then went back to blowing on his face.

Buck's eyelids began to flutter and he turned away from the sheets and exposed his naked body. Cristina shivered and was tempted to straddle him but she held back. She teased him whispering again: "Well, if you show yourself in all your splendor you can't expect me not to ask you to pick up where we left off tonight..."

Buck smiled and opened his eyes: Cristina felt faint when she looked at those wonderful black eyes full of love but still clouded by sleep.

"Good morning my hubby, what a beautiful vision you are offering me!"

Buck followed his wife's gaze and realized that he was lying on the bed completely naked and uncovered.

He smiled again and replied: "Good morning to you wifey, am I wrong or have I heard a murmur of a surprise?"

"Yes, but seeing you like this, I almost forgot..."

"It's not fair though, as divine as you look in just my shirt, we're not even, I demand you take it off"

"Ah you expect huh? And under what title?"

"Like your husband!" and swooped down on her to take off his shirt. They rolled over on the bed laughing and tickling each other, until, exhausted, Cristina screamed: "Truce, please, I beg you for mercy!"

Buck stopped and kissed her passionately. Cristina would have liked to deepen that kiss but she remembered about breakfast. She detached herself from Buck and pointing to the tray on the bedside table, she said: "Surprise! Breakfast in bed Mr. Cross"

"Wow, what a show! I would say we can start from there and then continue the discussion, do you agree?"

"Absolutely yes"

They had breakfast calmly and savoring every delicacy that Cristina had prepared: focaccia, biscuits with jam, eggs and bacon and some chocolate biscuits for her who could not get used to an American breakfast.

After tasting his eggs, with greasy mouth Buck reached for the napkin and found the packet.

"And this?" he asked surprised.

"Open it"

Buck grinned sheepishly and opened it. When he took out his watch he was speechless.

"But it's beautiful!" he exclaimed.