Chapter 30

*Sophie

I quickly got out of bed and looked for something to wear. I had made a last minute plan to go and have some "fun" of my own. I was tired of sitting in my room and waiting for whatever Riley and Jackson were doing to be over with.

It was a Thursday night and I had to work tomorrow, so this probably wasn't my best idea but I had to do it. I found a low cut shirt and tight pants and was on my way.

I walked out of my room and towards the front door. Riley was sitting in the living room on her computer and she looked up at me as I walked through.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"Out," I said dryly, "be back later."

"Oh, okay," Riley said quietly.

I could feel her eyes on me as I grabbed my things and walked out the door.

Good, I thought, I hope she was checking me out and thinking about what she was missing out on.

I had called an Uber to come and pick me up and it arrived shortly after I got outside. I went to the club that Riley, Jamie, Cas and I had gone to not long ago. It had become one of my favorite places. And hey, Cas and Jamie met here...maybe I'd have similar luck. I could wish, right?

I immediately went to the bar and got myself a shot and a drink when I got inside. I wanted to get drunk and forget about the awkward mess I had at home.

I threw back my shot and began sipping on my drink as I walked out on to the dance floor, my eyes scanning the crowd for someone I was interested in.

I was looking around when I met the gaze of a gorgeous brunette with bright blue eyes.

Yeah, she'd do, I thought.

She kept her eyes on me as I made my way over to her.

"Hey, I'm Sophie," I leaned in and said.

The loud music gave me an excuse to get closer to her so we could both hear.

She smiled at me and said, "I'm Natalie, nice to meet you."

"You too," I said with a smirk.

We began to dance together and both continued to sip on our drinks.

"Are you here with anyone?" I asked her.

I wasn't wasting any time tonight. She shook her head at me and smiled. Score.

"Good," I said as I inched my way closer to her.

We continued to dance together and our bodies moved closer.

"I'm going to grab another drink, can I get you something?" I leaned in and asked her.

She put her hand on my shoulder as she spoke close to my ear, "sure, just get me whatever you're drinking."

"You're brave," I said with a smile as I turned back towards the bar.

I weaved through the crowd and back to the bar to get us each a drink. I was nice and got us cocktails, I didn't want to give her anything too strong.

I found my way back and handed Natalie her drink. I moved back in closely to her and held up my glass.

"Cheers," I said.

"Cheers," she said as she clinked her glass against mine.

I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer as the music picked up again. I met her gaze before my eyes moved down to her lips and then back up again.

"I really want to kiss you," I said to her.

Yeah the alcohol was definitely starting to kick in.

She raised an eyebrow at me but didn't look too turned off by the thought.

"Why don't you then?" She said to me playfully.

My hand moved up her back to the back of her head and I pulled her in towards me as I leaned in. My lips hovered over hers for a brief second before I pressed them against hers.

I felt an instant heat course through my body as she returned the kiss and wrapped her arms around my neck. If I was going to have some fun with someone, Natalie had definitely been a good choice.

I reached over and fumbled around until I found a surface to set my drink on, not wanting my lips to leave Natalie's. As soon as I set it down I gripped her waist with my free hand.

Neither of us seemed to care about the people surrounding us on the dance floor as we continued our intense kiss.

I tugged on her bottom lip and slowly pulled back.

"I know we literally just met," I said hesitantly, "but the alcohol is making me over confident and I want you to come back to my place with me."

She grinned at me and nodded, "after that kiss I'd probably agree to anything."

"Perfect," I said with a smile, "come on."

I grabbed her hand and we walked out of the crowded club. Our Uber quickly arrived and we could barely keep our hands to ourselves on the ride home.

We got back to the house and I grabbed her hand again as we walked inside. We both half stumbled in the door and I quickly stopped when I saw Riley laying on the couch.

It was pretty late, so I didn't expect her to still be awake, but hey this would work.

"You good?" Riley asked me.

"Oh I'm just great," I said sarcastically.

"Riley this is..." I motioned to Natalie, momentarily forgetting her name.

"Natalie! This is Natalie," I finally said. "And Natalie this is my...my roommate, Riley."

"Nice to uh, nice to meet you Natalie," Riley said awkwardly.

Natalie gave her a small nod before leaning over and starting to kiss my neck.

"Where's your room at?" She asked quietly.

I took her face in my hands and kissed her on the lips before taking her hand and leading her towards my room.

"Later Riley," I yelled down the hallway.

Two could play at this game.

              ————————————————-