Chapter Twenty-Seven

I know its a short chapter, but orginally I wasn't going to have any of Amara in the next few chapters untill Lucin finds her (if he finds her). But I changed my mind so, here's the chapter. Please please please comment!

                                                                                                    Love You Guys!

                                                                                                               1CGSims

                Amara woke cold and damp. She slowly opened her eyes, and cautiously sat up and looked around the small room, and a small room it was. Laying out flat, she could touch both her head and flat feed to the walls, and if she stretched out her arms, her finger tips could easily touch the sides.

                A small hole in the ceiling let in light from the floors above. She could catch glimpses of people moving about, and hear them quietly talking to one another. She could also smell delicious things cooking.

                The walls were made of what Amara thought were stone blocks, but they were too covered in moss, lichen, and other things to tell. The air was damp, and stale. It made Amara’s stomach feel weak, and slightly sick.

                Pools of murky brown water covered nearly every spot of the floor. She could see that there used to be a straw mattress by the shreds of fabric and soaked, rotten straw everywhere. She grimaced, because she was slightly allergic to straw. The wet straw clung to her body, making her feel itchy on every part of her body. She could already feel her skin beginning to redden and swell.

                A door she had not noticed slowly creaked open.

                “Here,” a gruff voice said. Amara flinched as a bowl of …something…was tossed into her room. It slid to her feet, thick muck splattering everywhere.

                Amara quickly darted toward the empty door, “Wait! Please! Could you tell me where I…” The door slammed shut. “..am,”

                Amara sank back down to the floor. She curiously picked up the bowl. Half of its contents were on the floor. She tentatively sniffed it, and gagged. There was no way she could eat that. It reeked of spoiled milk, and rotten vegetables.

                She sighed, and leaned against the wall, ignoring the squishing.  Things could be worse, she knew, but at the moment, she couldn’t see how.