7 | it never goes well

A day has passed since she returned to the colony with oil on her with a scared look on he visor.

She still couldn't believe that her dad was gone...

In class, she could hear her classmates whispering to each other as they glanced at Uzi once before looking back at each other. Uzi didn't feel like going to school, yet here she is. Mostly because she didn't want to spend the next few days or so locked in her room.

Uzi couldn't help but blame N for this, but at the same time...

She blamed herself, too... for creating that railgun in the first place, she should have listened to her dad when told not to go past the three doors.

Uzi didn't pay much attention in class or any at all. She was too busy, lost in her thoughts, as her eyes slowly shut, which turned on sleep mode.

She wondered if N would one day go back into being her friend and into the drone that promised to not harm her or her colony.

The day went on, and the bell rang as Uzi was on her way home.

Surprisingly, she hasn't seen N all day. She sighed in relief. As she smiled cheerfully. Usually, what N would be doing if they were still friends, he'd probably be waiting for her in the landing pod, but since lots of things changed, she wondered...

What could he be doing?

Uzi pushed that thought to the side as she grabbed a keycard and placed it onto a scanner, which opened the front door.

She took a step into the home and smiled,

She usually didn't announce when she got home, but she felt a bit better, so... "Dad, I'm - " Suddenly, realization hit. Her eyes widened.

"Oh,"

She completely forgot. She was too busy thinking about N she forgot that he was the reason why everything for her fell apart.

She stood there at the door as she remembered the events from yesterday. She sighed.

She really needed some fresh air she can't stand being in her own home anymore without being reminded about yesterday.

So she dropped her bag on the ground and walked out, feeling the freezing cold wind blow onto her.

She took a deep breath as she tried not to think about the things from yesterday. She no longer felt safe in the colony... not even in her own home!

Her purple eyes looked around her surroundings, seeing snow on the ground. Other workers walked by talking to each other about their day, and some worked.

She walked and walked without knowing where she was going.

She just wanted to be anywhere but home because she no longer liked the thought of being alone trapped in her own little hell called home where she saw it all happen. Her home no longer held good memories, and even if it did, they were all long gone.

so the only safe place that was left was... the landing pod.

Maybe that was where her legs were taking her. But what Uzi really wanted was someone to hug, someone to talk to, and...

Someone she could trust.

That someone was definitely not N! Even if he was the first drone that came to mind! She was not planning on seeing him!

Hopefully, he's not at the landing pod.

She wished Thad was alive. She could really need his comfort right now. She can't handle all of this pressure alone.