Introduction

Katniss Mellark lives in the beautiful country of Panem. Twenty-five years ago the districts rebelled against the capitol and won. The years of struggle leading up to the rebellion are now called the dark days, but they are difficult to forget. After the districts won the rebellion, it was decided that another Hunger Games would take place with capitol children. When the first one took place, afterwards it was again decided that twenty-four more would happen in order to avenge the deaths of all the people that died at the hands of the capitol. Around the time of the 94th Hunger Games, the people of the capitol decided to rebel, and many people, including Peeta Mellark and Gale Hawthorne, were called to battle. In the end, the districts prevailed although many lives were lost in the process, including Katniss's husband.

Katniss Mellark, previously Katniss Everdeen, married Peeta Mellark and had two beautiful children. The first, a girl, was ten years old when Peeta went to fight in the battle. She was named Rue after Katniss's close ally and friend in the games. When Peeta left, a boy was on the way, and they named him Cinna after Katniss's stylist and close friend in the games.

But there is no living, if life is happening without Peeta Mellark.