43|Play Mass

Ryleigh's POV:

"Them nah come out enuh" Lorelle stops rubbing and looks at me.

*Themmmm????*

Weh she mean?

"Like him put them closer to the back just so you probably wouldn't notice early on"

Muuch explains, sweeping my hair from the side of my neck before laughing.

Ugh!!!

I sigh, looking in the mirror again.

If sneaking was a person!

"It come out?" Mariah bursts inside the room.

"Noooo" I pout.

"The comb literally made it worse" Lorelle whisper-shouts.

"It used to work fi mine" Mariah looks at me apologetically. "Me can put makeup ova it fi yuh"

Uhhhh me nuh wah have on no makeup on the road ina sun hot. Neck or not...

Plus now it's swollen from all the combing.

I hiss.

They all start mumbling as to what I'm to do about it. In truth and in fact, I'm my own big woman and shouldn't be caring about no friggin hickey.

But...

*But?*

But I just don't want them on me, especially knowing why him do it.

I pick my phone up to text him.

Me: Why?

Almost immediately he replies.

Jordanne: .... Why what?

Me: My neck.

Jordanne: Oh. Ngl I did them to match your fit. 👌🏾

Jordanne: Likkle outfit pink and purple, them pink and purple 🤷🏾‍♂️

I laugh, genuinely... at the audacity.

Honestly ...

Me: U know how you took it out that one time in High school? yahgo need fi come do that again. No amount a time weh me press it with the warm water, or comb it.. they just won't move.

Jordanne: You need fi hide dem from somebody?

Jordanne: Combing it ago mek it swell still...

Me: Jordanne...

Jordanne: Downstairs. Ice it fi the swelling first and then farwud. I'll 'try' 🙂

Rolling my eyes I decide to do what he says, before going to find him.

I grab the cup of ice Lorelle's been chewing on and shake one out into my hand before pushing it to my neck.

"Soon come" I say to them.

"So nuh that you say last time and nuh come back till morning" Mariah laughs out.

Myself and everybody else joins her.

"Yuh cya behave more while?" I shoot her a glance, still laughing.

"Ah just eh truth gyallie," she defends herself.

I playfully roll my eyes before standing to exit the room.

I then walk to the bathroom nearest to me and end up standing in there for a good ten minutes with the ice on my neck.

*Bwooooiii*