3

i watched mesmerized by him, but suddenly i snapped out of that trance when the song finished. i clapped, but my face was frowning. something wasn't right, and so i looked at the door.

Yuma. i made eye contact with him, and suddenly i felt suffocated. Yeji didn't know how things had ended between me and yuma. no one knew but us. i sat EJ's jacket down on the couch, as Yuma walked in.

he greeted everyone, and when he looked at me again, everyone's eyes were on me. i felt like i couldnt breath. "hey __" he used my nickname. the one i told EJ to call me by, but this time it felt uncomfortable.

i tried looking at yeji for help, but she wasn't understanding. i looked at EJ, he only seemed confused though. i couldn't do this. i stood up, mumbling about a lecture and then i ran out of there. i heard yelling after me as i ran.

by the time i stopped running, i couldnt see straight, and my ribs hurt. i collapsed onto the grass. i knew i was alone because no one knew the area as well as i did, and i doubted anyone had followed me. i rubbed at my eyes furiously.

FLASHBACK

i looked around happily as i waited to surprise yuma. he had just finished up a really big exam. that's what he had told me. he was supposed to be leaving the building.

"oh? ___?? what are you doing here? i thought you were with yuma." a friend of his said. i looked at him shocked.

END FLASHBACK

for the sake of embarrassment i lied and said that i had just been waiting for him. he hadn't taken the exam. i went to his dorm, only to realize he had taken a girl there. we ended on bad terms. he still doesn't see the wrong in what he did.

i suddenly heard huffing, and i wiped my tears away. i looked up to see EJ. "h..how did you get here..?" i said through stupid sniffles.

"i ran after you, when i snapped out of the confusion, i realized you were about to have a panic attack." he replied softly as he came closer.

he knelt down next to me and wiped my tears. "how do you know Yuma?" he asked gently. i could tell he was genuinely curious. "he...cheated...on me..." i whispered, still sniffling.

when i looked at EJ, he looked like he wanted to kill someone. "does Yeji not know?" i shook my head in response. "i didn't tell her...they are super close...i didn't want to hurt her..." i said softly.

"you shouldn't have to risk your happiness for the sake of hurting a friend. be selfish." EJ reprimanded, although it wasn't harsh. i made eye contact with him. he was the soft boy i met last night.

"you should stop playing knight in shining armor for me..." i giggled a little, and he laughed. "this is the second time we have met, and you keep being a damsel in distress," he joked back.

was it bad that i wanted to kiss him? fuck it. i wrapped my arms around his neck gently, and pulled him in to a soft kiss. thankfully he kissed back, it was soft and gentle.

this was going to fast, we barely just met. i was used to this though, this seemed to be the way all my relationships started except i was usually the one doing the saving.

-authors note-
i found seungmins cover of ghost and it was so so good!