Chapter 3: A Friend's Treachery, and an Uncle's Insight

*Ruby is speedily making her way through a current in the Well of Seas. She lasers a rock in her way, nearly last second. She's circling around the core, desperately trying to find the strength to get closer and closer to it. She shuts her eyes and strains herself to her limit. Suddenly, she opens them with a look of pure determination and will. She closes her eyes gently and smoothly swims out of the current, and gives herself one last big push into the core. She finally reached the inside of it. The walls of the core look to be endless ripples of pure white. She sees in the short distance, the Trident itself. It IS real. She slowly swims towards it and grasps it. In pure awe, she's at a loss for words and can barely hold her excitement. She swims out of the core and back to Chelsea as fast as she can. When she reaches her, she presents the Trident.*

Ruby: We did it!

Chelsea: ...It really is real...

*Chelsea takes a hold of the Trident. She appears lost in thought.*

Ruby, crossing her arms: It's unbelievable, right? We really did it! What should we do now? Show my mom? Show Grandmama? Actually, scratch that, maybe it would be best to smooth things over with my mom first... Ooh! How can I forget about everyone at Prom!? I think if we make it back now, we should have plenty of time to-

Chelsea: Shut. Up.

Ruby: ...W-wha-

*Chelsea suddenly stabs Ruby in the arm with the Trident.*

Ruby: AHHH!

*The Trident appears to drain some of Ruby's power into it. Chelsea is menacingly glaring at her as she holds it in place. She quickly pulls it out. Ruby holds her arm in pain and looks back at Chelsea with a look of fear, shock, and confusion combined into one.*

Ruby: Chelsea, wha- Ah!... What are you doing?!

Chelsea: Something that should have been done a long time ago.

*Chelsea starts transforming. Her stature grows to Ruby's size, and her skin appears to become purely scales. Most of her body appears to be a dark yet shiny brownish bronze now, with some blue lines highlighting her form, the lines themselves lined with smaller purple ones. She grows fins on her sides, arms, and on her face where her ears were. Her head appears to have turned into some kind of geyser, with blindingly bright white and smoking liquid where her red curls used to be. Probably the most ominous change of all, is that her eyes have turned bright red.*

Ruby: Chelsea, I... I don't understand!

Chelsea: Heh, did you seriously think all of this was so we could make peace between our people? You really are just a dumb Kraken.

Ruby: I... I trusted you! I thought we were friends!

Chelsea: You thought wrong, bozo! But hey, let's look at the positive side of things! Now that I have THIS, I'm going to finally avenge my mother and liberate my people, starting off by getting rid of your wretched mom and grandma!

Ruby: No... please...

Chelsea: Oh and by the way... that whole thing with the Trident sending out a "signal" to my mom? I lied about that too, dumb-dumb. You want to know how she really knew the Trident was in that stupid volcano? She knew because every single day, she stalked the Kraken Kingdom, loathing the fact that their stupid princess bested her in battle, and ruined her life! Then one day, she saw your mom swimming away from it with a smaller Kraken at her side and "little" old you in her arms! But it wasn't just you that she was carrying!

Ruby: ...She saw that she had the Trident... and followed her here...

Chelsea: Bingo! AND she even followed her to Oceanside! When she realized your mom ran away from her kingdom, it made her furious. Your mom threw away EVERYTHING she had, while mine was forced into a life of hiding and squalor, shunned away from her people! All thanks to your pathetic mother, I was born an outcast! Now I'm finally gonna settle the score, once and for all!