Chapter 3 - Tunnel Vision

Viktor dashed out of the balcony like a flash, grabbing onto her body just in the nick of time, reminiscent of how a prince would gently carry his princess.

Viktor sat beside Domi in the garden pavilion to apply treatment on her wound.

She found herself observing Viktor with affection in her eyes.

She had a tunnel vision of the time when her mother too, sat by her side in the same garden pavilion, staring at the evening sky during the sunset.

A wish crossed Domi's mind for something to capture these precious memories and preserve them.

Domi's love for the night sky deepened. 

Perhaps she had grown up to the stage where she come to understand that her mother was in a safe place now.

The vibrant rainbows and warm sunshine of her childhood had become a distant memory.

Life hits different when she is in her twenties compared to ten.

Viktor caught her eyes, and in that moment,

Domi realized it, quickly turning away with a rose pink blush that painted her cheeks.

"Ermm...I was just spacing out" Domi said hastily.

"Oh, me too" Viktor chuckled.

The night at the garden was just silence, except for the crickets and the howling of the wolf.

Domi planned to abruptly ruin her stepbrother's wedding.

On the wedding day, she pushed the church door open.

Domi began walking down the aisle happily. The guests starts to whisper to each other.

Christopher and Ciel, along with his fiancée, witnessed the events with wide eyes.

Madam Red showed a particularly strong reaction.

In a rage, Madam Red stood up, grabbed Domi by the arm and forcefully pushed her out of the church.

Filled with satisfaction, Domi boasted about her actions proudly to Viktor.

Later that night, Viktor infiltrated the mansion, creating chaos.

He frightened Domi's step-family in numerous ways they had never imagined, leaving them in a state of fear they had never experienced before.

Domi burst into laughter after Viktor told the events. 

It was a laughter that echoed with a sense of comfort she hadn't felt since the tragedy struck, reminiscent of the days of joy with her mom.

Expressing her gratitude, Domi offered Viktor her blood as promised, but to her surprise, he declined with a gentle smile... 

NEXT:   Chapter 4 - Sunset to Midnight Bliss 

Pictures used here-  https://thedreamstress.com/2010/10/18th-century-masquerade-costumes/ ,  

https://pin.it/4LQ5tKS