Case #4a The Eight Foot Tall Case

The first day went by calmly.  Sukehiro sitting on a bench in front of the house looking at the view outside, Kumiko and Shirogane going out to find clues of the last occurring case of Hachishakusama and Mikami is lying down under a tree. It was all going well even for the culprit planning her scheme while trying not to be exposed to the two great detectives unbeknownst to her. Something is watching her.

"Gotcha!" 

"Hey, we need to keep investigating you know."

"I know that damn it."

"Oh, Mikami? What's wrong?" Sukehiro said looking at a worried Mikami.

"She hasn't been responding to me! What should I do?! Did I do something wrong?! Is she angry-" Before Mikami bombarded Sukehiro with questions, she calmed him down first.

"calm down, calm down. I'm sure Kinoshi-chi is busy or something." Sukehiro said assuring Mikami

"Achoo! Is someone talking about me? Must be Mikami." Kinoshita said while resting in her bed because of her cold.

"Yeah, I guess," Mikami said reassuring himself and then asked a question. "By the way... where the hell are those two? Even if they're detectives they should at least let us help them."

"Sorry about that," Kumiko replied from behind which shocked Mikami.

"Heyy Kumiko. How did it go?" Sukehiro asked.

"About that... can you help us search?" Kumiko asked.

"Hoh what is this? The two great detectives need some ordinary citizens to help them?" Mikami said in a teasing manner.

"Do you fucking know how far a criminal can run on a rocky riverside in the middle of the goddamn night? Kumiko asked with a deadpan face.

"Oh, yeah," Mikami replied.

"Anyway. We need you guys to help us. though I already have evidence I still need you guys' help." Kumiko said.

"Wait if you already have proof why not just-" 

"He's playing along to make the culprit think that the culprit is getting away. Though we have no chance to stop the murder." Kumiko said.

"There must be a" Before Sukehiro could finish her sentence Kumiko cut her off

"You can't force something to happen Sukehiro. That's just how the world works." Kumiko said
"Though I don't plan to let it happen." Kumiko thought.

"Anyway. meet Shirogane at the riverside. See you later." Kumiko said.

"Okay. But if you sacrifice a life..." Sukehiro said which got Kumiko curious

"I probably won't be able to forgive you," Sukehiro said to Kumiko with a face that scared him.

"Yes ma'am," Kumiko replied scared.

After they talked for a while they split off.

"Ahh. North detective-san!" Masayuki Maiko shouted.

"Ahh Masayuki-chan. You remember the hush-hush plan?" Kumiko asked the child.

"Hmm! I remember!" Masayuki Maiko replied excitedly.

"Then. We'll do that the day after tomorrow then." Kumiko said patting the child's head.

"Hmm! I'm going to be a good sidekick!" Masayuki Maiko said excited for what will happen in two days.

"Be excited kid," Kumiko said smiling.

While Masayuki and Kumiko were talking about their plans Sukehiro and Mikami were already with Shirogane near the riverside. While looking for new and undiscovered pieces of evidence Sukehiro can't help but ask Shirogane some questions about Kumiko's plan.