II. Gods be damned.

Chapter two          𓃦          Gods be damned

It would be stranger to see Baelor at the table alongside his family for breaking fast than him being gone. The prince would leave as early as the sun rose –leaving his wife to deal with the morning fuss with the children alone – to retrieve to Moonfyre, to wake Ser Criston for a morning duel or enter the Maegor's tunnels under the Red Keep, meeting with Myna half way there where she left her husband's chambers.

But this morning, he wasn't found anywhere of his usual spots. His feet dragged across the yard of the Red Keep, a hood over his head to disguise any Valyrian features left on the boy that more resembled a Hightower than a Targaryen – brown, almost auburn hair, not a sign of the typical silver hair. More of her mother's son than his father's. If he wasn't Aegon's twin brother, the Realm would already start gossips of his true inheritance. Nonetheless, he was a true Targaryen, despite the whispers.

A heavy pouch of coins was stuck to his waist, fingers gripping it tightly as Rolan – a man two years elder of Baelor, from House Karstark, who came in the service of the King barely a year ago but quickly became the prince's personal guard – walked by his side, fixing his brown cap on top of his black as coal hair.

Baelor snickered as they got outside the walls of the Keep and into the busy street, "Rolan, no one knows who you are, you do not have to hide yourself."

"If I must remind you, my prince," Rolan spoke the title with every ounce of sarcasm he could muster, "I am a Kingsguard. I am not supposed to be here, I should be protecting the King."