Chapter 7 - Interlude (III)

(Y/N POV)
"So that's why we have that teddy bear in the display case!" Gyeoul exclaims, as she and I dry our dishes from dinner, Jimin having gone to go on a quick trip to the convenience store to buy some snacks with Minjeong, as we were expecting the rest of Aespa the next day for a small get-together.

Turning to face the display case that stood next to our TV in the living room, I saw the teddy bear, dressed in Yulje scrubs, sitting with the light blue and purple coffee mug that she gave me 20 years ago. Along with it, stood my favourites: 'Best new actor of 2022' award, my 'Actor of the Year 2025, television' award, Jimin's 'Best new solo act of MAMAs 2027' award, and our 'Best Couple of 2025' award.

"I always thought that teddy bear was a gift from the cast of Hospital Playlist, not your first present to Omma, Appa."

"I thought long and hard as to what to give her initially," I said, pulling out a chair in the dining room, "at one point I was contemplating giving a frying pan as the first gift, believe it or not." I chuckled to myself, remembering how much of an earful I received from my cast members, and my family for even coming up with such an idea. "Your Gomo was laughing her ear off when she heard my idea."

"Did Gomo say that it was stupid?" Gyeoul asked.

"She did!" We turned to see Jimin standing in the hallway, holding a plastic bag in her right hand, as Minjeong let go of her left and dashed over to her older sister. "Oh, I remember the laughs that night when my cousin-in-law told us how your Appa here considered gifting a girl he was meeting for the first time a frying pan!"

"In my defense," I sat up straighter, Winter told me how you wanted to give me a frying pan too!" I rebutted, laughing slightly.

"You two were definitely made for each other!" Gyeoul said in a voice that expressed her awe, as she passed a strawberry to her little sister, to which she quietly thanked her older sister before happily eating it.

"I seem to remember that you have school tomorrow, young lady?" Jimin asked, raising her eyebrows at our oldest daughter, who automatically flinches, muttering something about 'going to check if she completed her homework', before kissing her sister's forehead and leaving the dining room.

"Minjeong dear, I think it's time for you to brush your teeth! You have school tomorrow too!" Jimin whispers to Minjeong, who is visibly starting to doze off. Quickly acknowledging her Mother's words, she hops off her chair, giving me a quick hug before making her way to the bathroom to brush her own teeth.

(the next day)

(Karina POV)

Groggily, I woke up with a sticky note stuck to my forehead.

Smiling at Y/N oppa's antics, I took the note off to read.

Sorry Jimin, I got called into a meeting at my agency, something about an upcoming drama project they want me to have a look at, I took the kids to school as well so u could sleep in xo. I'll see you in the afternoon!

Smiling to myself, I stretched widely, before getting out of bed to do my morning routine.

I busied myself with a little bit of housework, before going to do a little bit of yoga in the living room, listening to my manager talk about upcoming photoshoots that were lined up for me: a Thom Browne solo photoshoot, and a Tommy Hilfiger photoshoot with aespa. Even years after we left SM Entertainment, the girls and I remained in contact with each other, being there for each other in many milestones of life. Turning to look at the clock on the wall, I saw that it was a quarter to 3, meaning that the girls would be arriving soon.

As I changed into an aespa hoodie and sweatpants, the doorbell rang, prompting me to make my way to the front door, revealing Aeri, Winter, and Ningning.

"Hey, girls!" I threw myself into them, giving them a massive hug to which they all returned.

"Unnie!" Winter exclaims, breaking from the hug and making her way into my home, "Where's mini-me?" 'Mini-me' being the nickname she used exclusively for Minjeong, who shared the same name as her, "Where's my baby god-daughter?"

"She's still at school," I replied, pulling out a chair at the dining room table, indicating that they should take a seat too, "My husband is bringing them home later."

"Where is Y/N oppa anyways?" Ningning asked, reaching out for a packet of banana kick that I bought the night before.

"He's at his company, they want him to look over a script for a potential drama," I say, taking a sip of the tea that I had brewed.

"So," Aeri started, clapping her hands together before looking at me with excitement. "Anything interesting happen recently?"

"I think Gyeoul is onto something recently," I said, "she's been asking me how me and Y/N first met and ended up falling in love."

"That's like telling the love story of the century!" Winter exclaims, clapping her hands together. "What have you told her so far?"

"I've told her how we first met on the show and the presents we gave to each other," I replied, indicating to the display where the teddy bear and mug reside.

"Have you told her about your wedding photo shoot? You know, the first one when things weren't official." Aeri stated in a cheeky tone, referring to the picture that hung above our couch. One where me and Y/N stood in at Ewha University, taking a wedding picture in the midst of students cheering for us.

"Not just yet," I said, reaching to grab a banana kick from Ningning, who to my disappointment, had already finished the entire bag.

"How 'did' you two end up with taking this one, anyway?" Ningning asked, reaching for a choco pie, and passing it over to me.

"Okay... here goes..."

(At the same time...)

Y/N POV

"Hey Appa!" Gyeoul greeted me, waving to her friends behind her as she opened the rear door of our car, "Hey Minjeong!" she kissed her sister on her forehead.

"Gyeoul Unnie!!!" Minjeong squealed as Gyeoul buckled up. Reaching her hand out to hold her sister's as I started to make our way home.

"Okay girls, your aunties from aespa are visiting today, remember to greet them when we see them, okay?" I said, looking at my daughters through the rear-view mirror, hearing them say "Yes Appa!"

"Appa?" I heard Gyeoul call for me as I turned onto the highway, making our way home, "You were telling me about how you and Omma were given the instruction to take your own wedding pictures right? I'm assuming that's the one hung in the living room."

"That's right Gyeoul, what do you want to know?" I asked her, making my way into the fast lane.

"What was the story behind the picture?" She asked.

"Well, Gyeoul, it went something like this..."

A/N: I wonder if anyone remembers that one couple that did their own wedding pictures from We Got Married...🤔🤔🤔