Talk

Moons POV

I was lost in thought as I was driving back to the pizza plex. Wondering what to say to sun. Well... another lie obviously, but I also wanted there to be some truth to it.

As soon as I got there I notice suns room door was open, I looked around the tower, but he wasn't there. Until I faint voice came from my room, the only place I haven't checked. I walk into my room quiet to
see sun conversing with the AI.

Shit. The AI doesn't know.

I decide to let them talk but if things get to deep I would intervene.

"So your the project Moons been working on?" Sun asked quietly.

"Yes."  The AI said

"What can you do?" Sun asked, still maintaining a Quiet voice.

"Well, depends really, but we can do anything."

"Like get rid of people?"

"No...but we can certainly help." The AI sounded intrigued.

I was tempted to stop the conversation there but I needed to know why and what he was trying to do.

"Hm...like send them away?"

"We can do an assortment of things, to sending away to sending anyone under."

"What's under?"

"Death."

"No! Not that! Thats wrong....like send them to like....the North Pole or something."

"Ok, but we need reason too."

"I want them gone."

"Why"

"Because.....I don't like them?"

"Ok, but why?"

"I don't know."

"Perhaps you are jealous?"

"WHAT? No. Me? I'm never jealous."

"Then why."

"..... ok maybe a little, but moon is MY brother! He promised me I wouldn't have to share him!"

"He hasn't said that."

"Yes he has!"

"Maybe the old moon did, but not this moon."

"......Old..... moon?"

I suddenly jump from the door, "HEY! Sun, I've been looking everywhere for you!" I say nervously.

Sun look's started and obviously because he is doing something that he feels he shouldn't be doing. He nods his head and follows me out the room. I get to his room and we both sit on the bed facing one another. But sun is looking down, guilty. I also am guilt for the amount of utter bullshit that's about to come out my mouth.

"Sun... I know today has been overwhelming. Can you tell me about your promise?" I say trying to get some light on what he's talking about.

He looks and me and tears start to roll down he's cheeks.

"Yeah...you said it would only be us forever. Remember? At the river. You promised and we planned the rest of our lives and how we could be close together even when we're apart! Why did you lie? I don't want little a sister or little brother! Am I not enough?" He puts his hands to his face and sobs."

Now that I had a basic understanding of the problem I decide to add my thoughts, hoping I don't screw anything up.

"Yes...but I'm sorry, I had no control over the situation. They just came one day and had to place to ....go?" So I let them stay with us and that's why there here."
I say hopefully wording it right.

Sun just looked up at me.

"But what if you don't pay attention to me anymore?"

"I will! Your my first brother so I will always find a way to be there for you."

"Do you love them more then me?"

"No! I love you all...uh......the same?"

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Sun smiles and hugs me. I'm surprised, but I go surprise...he's never hugged me before and it's something I didn't know I needed. I hugged him back and he laid his head on my shoulder, indicating he would want for hug me longer then a normal hug would last. I obviously did not mind. We sat there for about 3 minutes before sun whispered in my ear.

"Can I get more clothes? I don't have any right now, did you empty out my closet?"

I said ok the the first question but I avoided the second, which he had forgotten about minutes later as he differed into a sleep.

I successfully passed again.