Left Alone

When the boys came home I went through the stuff with them. Joey teared up and hugged me. I showed him the teddy and instantly he remembered. "You used to carry it around with you I think it was Jakes first present to you." I smiled at Joeys words and kissed Jakes cheek. "YUCCK." He wiped his cheek fast. Soon we were off in Joeys room he showed me the picture with him kissing me as a baby. Wow. The day was long but eventually I went to bed no worries or cares.

************************
On the first court date me mom and dad drove to the court house Joey and Jake were left out of it again. Joey wanted to go but he still had a lot of anger which was best to wait of course dad got his lawyer for me who talked to me on the phone earlier that day I was scared to death.
But everything went fine and the judge asked questions there was loads of denial and much evidence of being neglected etc. We would have one other court date in two weeks I was definitely not excited.
We drove back home and got ice creams on the way. I was thinking way to hard about this.

*******
When we got home Jake tackled me. "Hey lil shit." "Watch your mouth" Adie said to me and I gave Jake a noogie. "Mom." Jake whined. "Yes?" "Can my friend Tony come over?" "Maybe tomorrow but you can go to his." "Alright, come with me Brooks were gonna teach you to skateboard." "Let me get changed." I went up putting on a pair of black skinnies black converse and a white Kurt Cobain tank top and put a hair tye on my wrist. "Let's go!" I said walking down the stairs. We left and Jake was telling me all about Tony on our walk he sounded like Jake. "How old is Tony?" "He's like Joeys age his little brother Tom is like our age he hangs with us too." When we got there two boys were sitting on the porch. "Hey Tony hey Tom this is my older sister Brooks." I said hi and we shook and stuff. We went down the street Jake was really good and so was Tony. Tom didn't skate either so we sat on the curb and talked about music food and other stuff. "So how come Jake never talks about you and we've never met?" I didn't know what to say. "Um well I used to get into trouble a lot when I was younger so I moved to northern Cal. but Um not important." We stayed quiet for a but and Jake and Tony walked over. "Try it Sis I'll help." I got on and practiced foot structure and stuff. Then we all went in for lemonade and muffins. "So Brooks told me she moved to northern Cal because she was getting into trouble how was life without a sister." Jake rolled his eyes and breathed heavy. "Like she wasn't there and almost never was it's been so long." "Now let's play some video games!" Tony said leading us to the other room I layed on the floor getting a controller and Jake and Tony went to a different room to talk and Tom put in a game for both of us and scooted close. "Um personal bubble please." He barely scooted away. "You're so hot." He scooted back towards me. "And you're not get away." He started kissing me I pushed him away and got up and left and called to Jake I was leaving and I stormed out walking down the street. "What's wrong?" Jake called after. "I don't know how about your friends freak little brother." I called after and started running away from Jake spitting and cursing. Jake caught up. "I have to take you home Joey is like making me-" "Tell Joey he's not dad!" "But he cares!!" "Just I wanna be alone." "I understand." He hugged me and headed back. As I walked down to 7 eleven I saw Joeys car and just walked inside I bought an ice cream and saw Joey looking for chips he looked over at me I looked away quickly. "Um where's Jakob?" I rolled my eyes. "At his friends. It's not his fault." I bought my ice cream and left Joey came running out. "Get in the car." I gave him a funny look as I turned around and I kept walking. "Get in the car Brooks." "No thanks stranger danger" "Get in the car." I stopped and turned around angerly. "Can you leave me the fuck alone that's all I want take a hint." I walked away. Joey was left stunned. I walked into the house and turned on cartoons. Mom came and sat by me. "Wheres Jake?" "Friends" "Joey?" "Out." "Billie is out shopping." "Oh." I wanted to be left alone. "If you need anything I'll be in the kitchen making dinner." "Kay." She left and I was finally alone. I fell asleep I was always so tired from insomnia naps helped though. I woke up to a Tre' sitting on me. "WAKE UP B!!" I jumped awake hitting him. "LET'S PLAY." He took my hand and Jake and Joey were upstairs running down to join. "The trampoline!!!" Tre' took us out and threw me up on the trampoline. I jumped off into the pool he came jumping after and so did Jake and Joey. We all swam and splashed in our clothes and soon Mike and Billie and Adie came out jumping in fully clothes also. We splashed around Suddenly I heard the doorbell Billie got out and dryed off a bit and ran inside. "Hey is Brooks home?" I heard a familiar voice dryed off a bit and ran to them. I hugged her, "Alley!!! What are you doing here don't you guys have another month?" She smiled.  "Well mom took me out early to finish online because I was way behind, sorry I didn't call before coming your brother had your phone the other day and he said it'd be alright and he sent an adress and all." "Oh alright that's cool." I smiled and let her in." I showed her around a bit had her meet the family and all and I went to change and came out excited. "Who txt'd you Jake or Joey?" She looked a bit confused. "Um Jake I think" I nodded and we went downstairs to eat dinner.