𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 : 𝓡𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓾𝓽𝓱

*Amby's POV*

Only one way to find out?!

What could he possibly mean by that, you wondered.

Pfft. You were fooling yourself.

Your female intuition made you well aware of his meaning. You were just struggling with denial, refusing to accept the blatantly obvious. Why? Because your senses were not so much whispering words of warning, but rather screaming them. The way his eyes dipped to your lips before slowly scaling back up your face, conveyed what he was implying without needing any further clarification.

Seriously though?

Your throat tightened with anxiety at the thought. How far were you willing to go in order to prove a point? Not as far as he was expecting, that was for sure. That would be crossing all kinds of boundaries. And yet, deep down you felt a niggling curiosity. The idea of doing something so daring was exhilarating, it both thrilled and terrified you, and there was something inexplicable pulling you towards the manic, flamboyant pirate like an invisible force.

When you finally trusted yourself to speak, shattering the loaded silence, your voice betrayed your nervousness, "......a-and what exactly did you have in mind?"

The mischievous clown lowered his head, his breath cool against your burning cheek, "oh come on, Amby, use your imagination a little. Impress me!" He flashed a wicked smile; looking every bit the devil he was.

The long pause that ensued seemed to last an eternity, feeling like the longest few moments of your entire life. His face was only mere millimeters from yours but he remained infuriatingly still though, and your mind quickly registered three things. One, he was so close you could hardly think clearly. Frankly you were not thinking clearly.The second was, did he really want this? And the other, more infinitely dangerous, .....you could just make the move and kiss him. You sensed that was what he was angling for, you to be bold enough. He was challenging you.

"But........you said I wasn't your type.....and it would just complicate things, I mean, you're my captain, it wouldn't be very professional—"

"BORING!" He bellowed, making you physically flinch, "excuses excuses. You just don't have the guts. How very........ disappointing"

You felt your temper flare dangerously to a whole new level that you'd never experienced before. His accusatory glare and derisive tone incensed you even more. The worst part was the smug grin that adorned his painted features. The bastard had known that you'd respond to his "challenge" this way.

He straightened and made to turn away, chuckling softly to himself. As if reflexively, you raised your hand, maybe to push him away, maybe you even intended to hit him, but instead of administering a slap you grasped his face.

Alarmed, Buggy halted as suddenly as if his boots had been nailed to the wooden floor. His mesmerizing eyes were swimming with confusion; drowning in bewilderment. Funny how he made a habit of grasping your face, but when you did the same he looked comically stunned. If the situation hadn't been so intense, you might even have laughed. But any amusement you felt was overridden as you found yourself gazing up into his indisputably handsome face.

Overcome with some form of intense madness, you used the element of surprise to your advantage, and before he realized your intentions you swooped-up, catching his mouth with your own.

Oh holy shit.

Buggy went as rigid as a statue; the tension coiling in his body to the point where you even felt his jaw tighten in your palm. He was unresponsive, but just having your lips pressed against his created a kind of sweet, electrifying vibration throughout your entire body, making every nerve stand on end.