𝓣𝓮𝓷 : 𝓣𝓮𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷

*A/N*

The next couple of chapters will be written from Amby's POV again as I think it'll be more entertaining that way ~ you will have to be the judge of that, but just wait and see XD ~ her responding to Buggy's reactions will be funnier that way imo. But chapter 12 will definitely be from his.
Thanks again for taking the time to read/vote/comment etc, it helps keep me motivated! 🤡*

<<———————————>>

*Amby's POV*

"I swear if she keeps pushing me, she's going to be sorry! That sea cow is really gripping my shit!!"

"Hush, captain, or she'll hear you"

"GOOD! I want her to hear me!" Buggy continued to fume as you hastily steered him into his cabin, "and don't shush me, you cheeky little shit, I'm in pain here! I think I'm entitled to complain right now!"

You sighed heavily, accepting that there was no point continuing with this debate. You'd come to know the clown pirate well enough by now to realize that there was no reasoning with him when he was in one of these moods. And in his defense he was entitled to complain. You just didn't want him making an already tense situation even worse by angering Alvida further. Adding fuel to the already blazing metaphorical fire.

Following the commotion that had occurred up on the starboard side of the ship, Alvida had been far from pleased with the grisly scene she'd discovered, especially given the ongoing chaos that had ensued since the mast had broken. She had lost her temper with Buggy; demanding an explanation for finding not just one, but two, members of her crew injured, and caring very little about the injury  the clown himself had sustained. The pair had inevitably argued, and you'd beat a hasty retreat with your captain at the first available opportunity. In fact you'd actually spoken up and insisted he have his own wound tended to once the others were carted off below deck to be checked over. Thankfully, his self-preservation had won over his anger, so Buggy had been only to eager to get away from the female pirate captain.

Not that you liked Alvida at all, but you could kind of see things from her point of view

Yes, it was her crew member's behavior that had caused all the trouble, but they were her crew after all. And what else could one expect from pirates? Well, the worst kind of pirates anyway. Buggy was injured, but he'd arguably escaped relatively unscathed from the altercation in comparison to the permanent damage Heppoko and his witless brother had suffered as a result of Buggy's wrath.

Flopping down heavily on the edge of the bed without caring that his clothes were wet, Buggy scowled as you hurriedly fumbled to remove his gloves you were still wearing, which were now wet, blood stained and dirty. As you finally managed to pull your hands free from the grimy, wet material, you noticed how they were trembling perceptibly as a result of adrenaline and nerves.

"Take a deep breath" Buggy instructed, "I don't want you passing out on me"

Having initially mistaken his command as a sign of concern, your couldn't refrain from huffing in annoyance. Whether you were annoyed with yourself for having been suckered-in for that split second before he'd clarified that his concern only applied to his own well being, you couldn't determine.

But you tamped down your irrational anger. Besides, he deserved to be cut some slack right now. He had been hurt after all - something that evidently hadn't happened to him in a long, long time.

Steeling yourself, you sucked in a deep, calming breath "I won't pass out on you. I'm not afraid of the sight of a little blood. I've seen plenty of it working the bar on a Saturday night, trust me!"