Chapter 12

This book reached 4.4k!! Thanks so much everyone.

I hope you have a great day/night!

Now enjoy the chapter ^^

~~~~~~~~~~

My ears twitched when I heard something in the distance

It sounded like...

I turned my head to see what was going on.

What I saw from a far made my eyes narrow and my relaxed smile turn into a frown...

---------------

No one's POV:

Jax ran towards what he saw, and he could feel his knees becoming weak.

Y/N was lying on the floor, unconscious.

Flashback:

Y/N had the idea of climbing a tree and was confident nothing would go wrong since she was halfway up and had a stable grip and hadn't stumbled across any unstable branches.

She placed a foot on the next branch and pulled herself up, but then the branch beneath her snapped.

Y/N tried grabbing a branch, only for her hand to get hurt.

She screamed in pain and fear as she felt from the tree.

The impact was not comfy...

And the next thing she knew, she knew everything went black

---------------

He fell on to his knees next to Y/N and had a worried look on his face.

"What the f- [beep] did you do.."

He looked up and saw the broken branch and puzzled 1 and 1 together.

He chuckled.

"You sure know how to get others worried..."

Jax got up and bent down slightly to pick up an unconscious Y/N.

"Who cares if this ruins my image.. she is hurt and needs help.. I can't just leave her here. I might be a jerk.. but I'm not heartless." He mumbled under his breath as he was walking to the tent.

As he entered, the others were talking until they noticed Jax with Y/N in his arms.

If they could, I bet all their faces would have been pale right now.

Jax's POV:

"Oh my- is Y/N okay.." Gangle said.

"Does she look okay to you?" I said sarcastically and only found Ragatha glaring at me for the remark.

"I found her unconscious outside at the lake. From what I've gathered, she fell from a tree." I said in my casual voice, trying not to show that I actually was worried about her.

"We need to find Caine. He'll be able to help." Zooble said

"He can do that..?" Pomni asked

"Well.. he can fix glitches and can create stuff out of nowhere, so I'm sure he can also fix broken parts of the body.. I hope..." Ragatha said the last part under her breath, but I heard, and I agree with her.. on the last part.

"S- someone should look after Y/N, while the rest look for Caine." Gangle suggested.

"I'll look after her. You go look for Caine." I said.

"You?" Zooble said with her eyes slightly closed, pointing one of her hands at me.

"Look, Puzzle peace, I might be a jerk, but I for sure ain't heartless." I spatt at her, with a hint of anger in it.

"Uh-huh.." And with that said, she left the room, presumably going to find Caine.

The others joined shortly after and now it was only Y/N and me here..

I looked at her still unconscious, laying in my arms

'Don't worry, sweetheart.. you'll be okay soon..'

I hope....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:)