Chapter 8: Help

You opened your eyes to see the endless void again. You looked around to find the tall monster standing over you. He seems suprised. His hand is hovering above your head.

You blink as you see him just standing still. You leaned your head to his hand, once it made contact, he flinched and took a step back... A gooey step back. He doesn't seem to have legs.

As fast as he recoiled, he immediately scurried back and reached out both of his hands to your face, carresing it with his thumbs to feel the warm skin.

You purred in comfort, letting him touch you. You could feel his loneliness and knew that he was doing this out of the effects of it. You know how it feels like, so you let him.

He was shaking. You could feel lots of emotions in him. Disbelief, happiness, relief, doubt, confusion.

You placed your hands in his face too. Your warm palms carresing his cold cheeks.

" Hello.."

Somehow, in this place, you find no difficulty to speak. You were even able to sing last time.

Remembering that information, you opened your mouth.. and sang a song.

Your voice echoed through the endless void, filling it with a gentle melody. Unknown lyrics passed through your lips as you continued with your song. So familiar, yet you don't remember who sang this to you. Yet you remember a warm smile, similar with Toriel's.

You had finished the song and noticed that the tall monster had stopped shaking and just stared at you, hands still on either side of your face. Not that you mind tho.

A few moments of comfortable silence, you spoke up.

" Hello"

You smiled at him.

He let out a huff that sounded much of a snort and replied back.

" W1ñ41ng $¶€π "

He's voice was distorted, but somehow, it was very pleasant to the ears. You figured he was saying he's name. So you replied with yours!

" M/n!" You said grinning, showing your canines.

You both got to a more comfortable position and talked endlessly for minutes? Hours? You really can't tell.

You switched from one topic to another. Just enjoying the other's presence. You even told him about your troubled speech and how you don't feel difficulty speaking in this void. He just hummed in thought.

Then, you felt yourself getting drowsy. Of course, he noticed too. All his focus was on you after all. So with a weird, satisfied look on his face, as if he just discovered something, he held you close.

" $lë3p wēl1, S3ê ¥0_u søôñ."

You cuddled yourself close to him and let sleep overtake you.
.
.
.
.
.
.

You were falling.

Somehow, this feels very familiar.

You landed on a very familiar place. Bright yellow flowers softened your fall ... and a puddle of mud, it surrounded the bed of flowers.

You stood up and walked towards a familiar doorway but stopped just as you heard a familiar voice in the middle of the bed of poppies.

" Howdy!"

You turned around to see ... Flowey? This looks like Flowey, he feels like Flowey too! But he's so... different.

He has a dull color. His petals are pointy at the ends. The most noticeable difference is his singular eye.