Chapter 14: Somewhere New

You lowered your head as both skeletons screamed their concerns and scolded you at the same time. You were growing more and more guilty with each word they spoke with great worry and fear.

Somehow this feels familiar...

.
.
.
.

" M/n! Please- you gotta hang in there!!!"

.
.
.
.
.
" M/N!! CAN YOU HEAR ME!? ARE YOU ALRIGHT?! STAY THERE! I'M COMING TO GET YOU! "
.
.
.
.
.
" M/n! Where were you? We were so worried! "

" -WE WERE SO WORRIED!! "

Papyrus' loud angry voice snapped you out of your daze as you blinked at him with round guilty eyes. Papyrus seemed to realize the vulnerability of his choice of words and cleared his throat.

" WE'RE WORRIED THAT SOMEONE WOULD TAKE YOU TO THE KING INSTEAD OF US... AHEM! ONLY THE GREAT AND TERRIFYING PAPYRUS COULD GAIN FAVOR TO THE ROYALS AFTER ALL!"

You nodded, humming.

Sans was still ranting about how dangerous it would have been for you if they were to not find you in time and how you could have been in much deeper trouble being something similar to a human.

You hummed sadly and went up to hug them and started to coax them gently like a husband to his wife-- AHEM! Like how you used to with your Sans and Papyrus.

You remembered how you would gently hum a song and softly caress their skull whenever they had nightmares, more to Sans than Papyrus.

... You miss them.

No matter how similar they are to these counterparts... You see them as different individuals. Each owns their lives and has a different perspective of everything. You respect that.

... Just like A******, S*****, K*****, and U****

!

A pang on your head.

You feel as though your veins are about to explode from pain.

The last thing you heard was Papyrus and Sans' worried shouts.

.
..
...
_________

" Ne, M/n."

" Hmm? "

" Once we finally defeat the demon king and you turn back into a human, what do you want to do next? "

" HMM! Hmm! mmphmmp!!"

" Haha! I didn't understand any of that! But...M/n, I want you to know...that I'll be there for you..in every step of your way."

" Hmm!♥ "

" Haha! Honestly, your just so cute! "

.
.
You opened your eyes to a familiar bright light above you.

Your back in the ruins.

You struggle to get up just as you saw a blur of white pass your vision. If it were a normal human,no one would've seen it at all. It looked like a cat almost?

A lingering sadness was felt in your heart.

Walking down the familiar path, you were mesmerized by the yellow flowers perfectly aligned to each side of the path. It seems like someone has been taking care of them really well.

You caught a familiar smell, it smells just like... Flowey? But different. Still, you rushed to meet the monster emitting the same scent as your dear friend to find a...

Big goat monster.

He dropped the watering can in his hand as he stared at you in disbelief.

You blinked and stared back, you expected another version of your friend but... you guess this is fine too.

You walked towards him and he stood still watching you. You stopped in front of him and just stared.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..Hello there"

" Hel..lo"

Which led to the current situation of the big goat man who introduced himself as Asgore teaching you how to properly take care of the flowers and you following every instructions seriously. It was kinda cute if Asgore was being honest.

He showed you around the ruins and you marveled at the familiar but new look of the ruins. After that you just followed him around everywhere, like a little duckling. It made Asgore's heart skip at how cute it was.

Maybe he can introduce you to...