Show Us the Way

It's been a hot minute, hasn't it. I apologize for keeping your Scottish boyfriend away from you as long as I did.

Murdoch screamed and fell back, scrambling to get away. Y/n, on the other hand, fainted right onto his lap. He grabbed her and pulled her closer, trying to wake her up while inching further away.

Elinor stumbled closer, Murdoch now stuck in front of a dresser.

"BEAR!" Murdoch yelled finally, pointing at her.

"Huh?" Elinor turned around to a wall, where her shadow was cast. With a roar, she flew back, landing near the two just as Y/n began to wake up. She threw her arm over them, looking to make sure they were safe with a panicked yell. Murdoch and Y/n's screams rose to match hers. She stopped when she what they were screaming at: her.

She looked at her claws, startled to see her sharp nails. Reaching up, she touched where her nose should be, rubbing the length to find a snout instead. She reached into a drawer and pulled out a small mirror. When she saw, she roared loudly and fell onto her bed, shattering it. She tried to get up, smashing her head through the top and falling over into a dresser, toppling it and shattering everything on top.

"Mum...?" Murdoch asked hesitantly, helping Y/n back up, shaky, to her feet.

She threw off a tapestry that had fallen on her.

"You're...you're a bear!"

She only moaned helplessly, looking up desperately as them.

"Why a bear?" He went closer, now knowing it was just his mother. "Ugh! That scaffy witch gave me a gammy spell!" he exclaimed, hitting his fist in his hand.

"Huh?!" She glared at her, her breathing slowly getting heavy. Murdoch snapped out of his pout.

"It's not my fault," he tried to explain. "I didn't ask her to change ye into a bear; I just wanted her to change..." He looped his fingers and put them under his chin, trying to think of the best way to break the news. When he saw there was no good way, he gestured with his hands, still together, and simply said, "...you."

Elinor gave him a look of disgust before roaring in his face, blowing back his and Y/n's, who had calmed down by this point, faces. But he could hear her voice so clearly still.

"MURRRRRDOOOOOCH!"

-

Fergus slung another spear into the bear statues' chest. But as his mates cheered for him, he looked up to the ceiling, hearing the ghost of a roar. "Shh," he hushed. "Did ye hear that?" He tilted his head up and began to sniff the air, something off. "Somethin's not right."

-

Deciding that Elinor was Elinor, bear or not, Y/n followed the queen in her pacing, trying to silently comfort her.

"There's no point in havin' a go at me," Murdoch stubbornly declared on his bed, crossing his arms, not bothering to offer any comfort of his own. "The witch is to blame? Goggly old hag...eyes all over the place..."

Y/n, finding Elinor's crown in the sheets, picked it up, dusted it off on her dress, and handed it back to her. She took it with a grateful grunt and gently placed it back on her head.

"Unbelievable...I'll get her to fix this." He stood up, walking away, still grumbling. "Why do I always get blamed for everythin'? It's just not fair."

Elinor, ignoring him, debated on which dress she should put on, putting them both in front of her new body to have a look at them. Y/n pointed to the green one.