Chapter 20

-----Jeno-----

-----Jeno-----

My brother knows someone who owns an ice cream shop and it just so happens that in this shop there is this sort of hidden room upstairs that can be accessed through the back of the building. In the shop, it would seem like the second floor was all there was (with a restaurant layout that they opened during the weekends) but in reality, there was this other room you could get into by taking off one of the paintings. Apparently, this is where a bunch of rich kids often come to do whatever it is that rich kids like to do. It's like some secret club but Taeyong-Hyung's friend decided to be nice enough to let us enter the shop through it.

We will enter the room through quote, unquote, a secret passage that directly leads us to the secret room while Jaemin and Donghyuck will be guided inside through the ice cream shop and up the stairs where we will be waiting in order to take them inside. This way, if someone does in fact have their eyes on me they will not be keen enough to notice the other two entering the same place, just through a different entry.

I was nervous for no apparent reason, with sweaty hands and pacing feet. It felt like this was my first date with someone and I really wanted to impress them. In reality, I was nervous about what their reaction would be after I unveiled everything.

"Irene says that they're heading up. We should go," Taeyoung-Hyung says, interrupting my anxious thought.

He points at the door/painting and I let out a sigh before heading over. "Why am I so nervous?" I mutter after exiting the room.

"I don't know. But you shouldn't be," he answers with a smile, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I could hear their steps as they came up in synch. As I listened into their steps, I imagined Donghyuck's suspicious expression and Jaemin's confused one and somehow, it calmed me down a little. Thinking how cute they would look in front of me in a couple of seconds.

"What's going on?" Jaemin asks, scanning the surroundings.

"Hi." I smile at them, hoping that it won't transmit my anxiousness, deciding to momentarily ignore his inquiry.

They could tell something was off. I could tell by the way that both of their frowns deepened, questioning what was going on.

"Hey," Jaemin says, looking at me before turning to my brother who was still situated beside me, observing our interaction. He smiled. "Hi, Hyung. Long time no see."

My brother grins and lets out a soft chuckle. "Long time no see, Jaemin and Donghyuck too, of course. I expect that you don't remember me dragging you away from the party the day of the gala." He raises an eyebrow, forming a teasing expression.

"You would be right, Hyung." Donghyuck steps towards him and they hug. "I missed you. Even more than I missed Jeno," he whispers with the intention of being heard, glancing at me with a smirk.