Thin Ice

Jimin drifted in and out of consciousness. He had no idea of the time or his surroundings. He had continuous nightmares of the alpha fornicating with that omega from that horrible night. And sometimes he saw himself in the place of the omega, making him recoil in distress. Other times he saw the alpha lingering towards him with the hot burning metal symbol, making him struggle unconsciously to escape.

He saw him back at home. His brothers, his father and everyone he knew was there. Jimin was laughing and chatting with everyone he knew. Studying about medicine in Sofia's cosy cabin. Reading books, sitting next to the window in his bedroom. But suddenly, everything changed. He saw the Silver Moons massacred right before his eyes, there was blood everywhere. Pleas and cries for help were deafening. He rushed to help them, but Jungkook held him in place with a chain to his neck. He forced him to watch his clan suffering in agony.

"Look what your actions have brought upon your clan, omega." He said cruelly. "It's all your fault."

"No! No! No!, please no." Jimin sobbed unconsciously.

At times, he heard faint voices around him.

"The wound is infested"

"Could they find the herbs to make the ointment?

"What are we going to do now?

"I don't think he'll survive, he is too weak"

"We can't give up just yet, our Lord Jungkook cherishes this one, so much"

"He sure has an interesting way of showing it!

"Shush! Watch your mouth! If you don't want to end up in chains again"

Then it all faded and Jimin was overwhelmed by a burning pain in his right arm. He whimpered, gritting his teeth. Someone helped him up while another tried to make him drink something, probably medicine.

"Try to drink, this potion will ease your pain." A kind voice pleaded. Was that voice speaking to him? Jimin tried to open his eyes, but it was all a blur.

Jimin struggled to swallow whatever they were feeding him. Then he clenched in pain, his stomach muscles squeezing together as he threw up everything he barely managed to swallow.

"This is hopeless, he can't keep anything down." One voice said, disappointed.

"His wound is barely healing, he needs strength for it to heal properly from inside. Ointments alone won't do." Someone else answered. Then his vision blurred again.

Next time Jimin's' consciousness barely returned, he heard two familiar voices conversing with each other. But he couldn't tell who was who.

"Will he make it?" a guilt-stricken voice questioned?

"I don't know, only time will tell" another voice answered.

"What if he dies? What am I going to do if he dies?" the former voice trembled.

"Well, you'll just have to bury him and move on. What else is there to do?" A voice answered, there was no sympathy in it.

"Don't say that, I can't."

"Well, you have to bare the consequences of your own actions. Didn't I tell you he was too weak? Didn't I tell you that you would regret it? Didn't I tell you to keep your distance until he present? That voice was very strict and angry.

"When was the last time you rode on horseback? A voice questioned after a while. This time it was a bit sympathetic, but there was no answer.

"You can't be like this for too long, you have duties and responsibilities towards your pack too. He is in the hands of the Goddess, she will decide what to do."