xvi. BROOKLYN BABY !

2 years later...

"WHERE IS HE?" Aurora asks her assistant in desperation after seeing an empty seat front row. Her assistant, Chloe, looks down at her ipad and looks back up.

"He should be on his way." She lies. She had no idea where Aurélien could be but she hoped it was near because his girlfriend seemed to be in a panic.

"He told me he was going to try to convince Xabi to sub him off during halftime if the score is good enough."

"Have you seen the score so far?"

"2-0, Madrid's winning but last time I checked, he was still in. But it's El Classico, he'd be lucky to get subbed off at all!"

"Do you want to check again-"

"Can't, I have hems to fix and waistlines to cinch!"" The Monégasque shouts, rushing down the hall.

Right after graduation, Aurora created her own luxury fashion brand. It became a hit since the launch of her brand. So much so, that she was achieving her childhood dream and was having her own show during Paris Fashion Week.

She invited Aurélien of course. He was her boyfriend of almost 2 years and best friend for more than that. However, he had a game earlier that day. It wasn't just a regular game. It was El Classico.

But Aurora needed him there and he knew it.

Fortunately for him, he's a good actor. He faked an injury at the end of the first half to be subbed off. He showered in the locker rooms before rushing to the airport. He finally arrived moments before the show began in the outfit his girlfriend designed all for him.

Aurélien greeted and talked to various other big names at the show before taking a seat at the front row.

Aurora didn't know he had arrived yet. Her mind was distracted with all the hems she had to fix and all the buttons she had to stitch.

Her nerves were on fire when the models began to line up, ready to begin to walk on the catwalk. She rushed to make sure every hair was in place, every thread was stitched. Her first show had to be perfect.

Chloe, her assistant, told her the show was starting. Aurora takes a deep breath. She rushes to change into the outfit she made the night before to wear when she walks on stage at the end of the show.

Aurélien watched each outfit with awe. He remembers how she would send me each and every design she made to ask for his opinion. He remembers staying up on facetime with her while she worked so she wouldn't be alone. He remembers how stressful and nervous she was before the show.

Yet, he was the only one who kept her grounded and relaxed. He knew it. She knew it. Her family knew it. Everyone knew it. Despite the Leclerc brothers being wary of the football player, they quickly grew fond of him after seeing how happy he made their sister.

The show was coming to an end which meant that Aurora was getting ready to walk on stage. She checks herself in the mirror one last time. She designed a white lace two piece skirt set the night before. Her once shoulder length hair was now to her mid back and cut in layers to make her blowouts look nicer.

"You look amazing." Chloe sighs out with a smile, appearing from behind.

"You think so? Isn't the skirt too tight and too long?" Aurora pouts, glancing down.

"It's beautiful. Now, get on that stage and show everyone who is the talented designer who created all those lovely pieces!" Her assistant exclaims, pushing her towards the set of steps that lead to the runaway.