~ 1 ~

My mom and I have been going to Susannah's beach house in Cousins every summer since I was a baby. Since before I was even born.

All year long, I count the days until I'm in that house.

The summer house is made up of lots of things. The beach, the swimming pool late at night with Belly, movie nights with the moms.

But the boys. The boys most of all.

It's the same every summer. I've always loved that about it. For me, everything good, everything magical happens between the months of june and august.

"HE LOOKS UP GRINNIN' LIKE A DEVIL" I screamed the lyrics to Cruel Summer by Taylor Swift as my blonde, wavy hair flew in the wind of my opened window.

"I see you're exited to be here again" My mom chuckled, turning down the volme of the song.

"Aren't you?" I smiled exited.

"Ofcourse I am" Mom also smiled. "But, I'm gonna need you to be better with the whole cleaning thing this year"

My phone suddenly chimed, and saw a text from Belly in the lock screen. I quickly opened it.

bells🐚

r u here yet?

almost

the boys are totally diferente this year

really?

they're grown up

in a good way

yea

text me when you arrive

ofcourse

"Are you even listening to me?"  Mom asked annoyed, making me leave my phone in my lap.

"Ofcourse" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Just be conciderate and act like I raised you right" Mom rolled her eyes. "Hey, I'm gonna stop for gas. Want anything to eat?"

"Yeah" I smiled. Mom have me some cash and I put on my sandals before getting put of the car.

I went into the gas station shop and picked out a bag of cheetos and a coke. I walked to the cashier and left it in the counter.

"Hey" The boy who was at the checkout smiled. "Are you new this summer?"

"Uh, no" I smiled.

"Really?" He asked as he started passing the items through the machine. "I thought I knew every pretty girl in Cousins" I chuckled softly at his comment. "Coming to the bonfire tonight? First of the season"

"Maybe" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Come. I'll introduce you to some of my friends" He smirked.

"Maybe I will" I smiled back.

"Anything else you need?" He asked.

"Um, a pack of malboro gold please" I pointed behind him. He grabbed the pack and he told me how much I owed him. I handed him the cash before putting the cigarettes in my pocket and walking towards the car.