The Lord in Black

(Thought I'd finish in a day but whatever :D)

Holly could feel her heart pounding out of her chest, thinking that it would pop out. Her legs trembling wasn't surprising, either. She felt her breath get faster and more desperate, and she commanded her mind to get back in her body. When that didn't work, she told herself to run. Nothing. She told herself to close her eyes. Not even a twitch.

Holly was staring at the biggest monster she had ever seen.

And it was staring back.

The damned thing was so big that she could only make out it's bright green eyes from the darkness. Yet, she could feel it smile crookedly.

"Ah, it seems I have a little guest."

A large tentacle reached from the darkness and grabbed her arm, pulling her closer to the beast. As it let go, she nearly fell over from the sheer strength of the pull. She caught herself, breathing hard, tilting her head upwards to look it in the eyes.

"Wh- WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU?"

The beast laughed at the pure desperation behind her voice, and the horrified look only made him smile more. Another tentacle reached out and lifted her chin, holding her head in place to look at her.

"I'm your bestest fwendy-wend! I think you had one of my dolls when you were younger."

Holly's face twisted from fear to confusion. Fwendy-wend? Maybe this monster isn't just as scary as she thought. She raised an eyebrow, now much less certain that this was all really happening.

"Fwendy-wend? Isn't that the way those weird elmo ripoffs talked? Like, what's it called, a... tickle... TICKLE ME WIGGLY! Aha!"

She laughed, her fear was disappeared, much to the beasts displeasure. Clearly his uwu speak wouldn't work.

"Oho... that's funny..."

She wiped away a tear, smiling. However, when she looked up, and her smile faded as she could see the annoyance forming in the beast's eyes. She raised a hand, clearing her throat. "Sorry-"

"Oh, whatever, doesn't matter much."

It was speaking with it's own voice, rather than that annoying high pitched bullshit from before. Holly could tell it belonged to a young adult male, with just the slightest British accent. She thought it was still a little goofy, but she wasn't about to upset this thing more.

"So uh... you come here often?"

She immediately regretted the sentence, as the monster lunged forward, pinning her to the ground with two of its tentacles. She could see that it's skin was green and rubbery. It growled.

The ground felt dank. She hadn't noticed it before, but she could feel a puddle around her that was at least an inch deep. She gulped, blocking the earlier memory from her mind and looking at the beast once again.

"What even are you? Like, you seem like a squid, but you're too... big."

"Ah, you are mistaken. I'm not a squid monster, the squids are just what I created."

"Oh-kayyyyyy... well then, what's your name? Monsters have names, right?"

The beast debated in it's head for a moment.

"Call me Wiggly."

It took a very high amount of willpower to not burst out laughing.

"Oh, like THE Wiggly. Cool. Cool cool cool."

Holly sighed.

"Ok, so can I wake up now? This is definitely a weirder dream then usual but I'm getting bored. I really wasn't hoping for a giant cephalopod- just to prove that I was hallucinating earlier."

The beast leaned in close, staring her down, looking, like it would pounce in an instant. But instead it leaned back.

"Oh, I'm sorry to be the bringer of bad news, or whatever the saying is, but this is very real, Holly. More real then you could even comprehend."

The beast looked into Holly's eyes, sensing her doubt.

"I'll send you back with something, then."

A tentacle lunged out and grabbed her arm, squeezing it until there was a giant red mark on her arm. Holly gasped out in pain and stumbled back. "Fuckin- OW! Jesus!"

"There we go. Now then. I know you may be confused, but you'll get your answers soon. How about this. Visit me sometime tomorrow, eh? I'll explain everything."

Holly blinked at the statement. She opened her mouth to respond, but the beast, or rather, Wiggly, waved a tentacle, as if shooing her away.

In an instant, she woke up, breathing hard. Back home, at least. Her mind quickly moved to her arm and she lifted where the wound would've been to eye level. There wasn't anything there, which made her sigh in relief.

It was a hallucination after all.

Right?