Chapter 1-The Hunt

"Come on, Oak'Paw! Let's go!" A white and black tom mewed.

"Wait for me, Moon'Paw!" Oak'Paw shouted. His brother, Mud'Paw sprinting behind him.

The deputy, also their father, Black'Tail looked at them. "Now now, young apprentices. Be patient. Your mentors aren't going anywhere." He chuckled. Nuzzling all three of their cheeks.

"Father, where are they?" They asked curiously.

"Well, they're right beside the Warrior den." The deputy mewed.

"Alright, thanks!" Moon'Paw and the two others walk to the Warrior den, and see their mentors. Leaf'Tail(Moon'Paw's mentor), Fog'Eye(Mud'Paw's mentor), and Sun'Heart(Oak'Paw's mentor).

"Hello, Oak'Paw." Sun'Heart mewed calmly.

"Hello, Sun'Heart!" The brown tom purred excitedly. "We're going hunting, right?"

"Well, yes. But first, I need to have a chat with White'Star, alright?" Sun'Heart says.

"Okay, I'll be waiting."

He hears some leaves rustling, and turns around. "Huh?" The young apprentice looks around, nervous.

"Mud'Paw..? Is that you..?" He sees a blue-gray pelt in the bush, yellow eyes gleaming in the darkness.

The mysterious cat runs away before Oak'Paw could even talk to him.

"Oak'Paw? What's the matter?" A brown she-cat asked.

Oak'Paw looks back and sees his mother, Tree'Pelt. "Oh, n-nothing mother.. I must be seeing things!"

"Well, if you feel sick, you should go to Storm'Gaze's den. He'll give you some herbs."

"No thanks, mother. I feel alright.."

She smiled softly. "Alright then, I'll be going, okay?" She purred before nuzzling his forehead.

Sun'Heart comes back. "Alright, we can go now."

"Okay, Sun'Heart!" Oak'Paw mewed excitedly, forgetting about what just happened.

The two trot out of the Thunder'Clan camp, Oak'Paw was hoping to catch something better than yesterday's hunt.

"I wanna catch a rabbit!" He hoped.

"Well, let's find a good spot." Sun'Heart says.

After finding a good spot to hunt in, Oak'Paw finds a young rabbit. He gets into a crouching position, and prepares to lunge.

He pounces on the rabbit, grabbing it with his jaws.

"Well done, Oak'Paw! We'll try fighting next, okay?" He says, proud of his young apprentice.

"Okay!" Oak'Paw smiled at Sun'Heart.

(Lazy)

Sunhigh.

"Alright, let's start your training, okay?"

"Okay." The apprentice said bravely.

"Now, attack me."

Oak'Paw looked slightly nervous, he thought.. what if this would happen.. but with an enemy?

"Alright.." He tries to pounce on his mentor, but Sun'Heart only dodges it.

"Close enough, good job." He shakes the dust off of his pelt. "Now, try again."

The brown tom swiped his paw at Sun'Heart, managing to push him a bit.

"That's better. Your getting good!" He purred. "Now, I have to go hunting for a bit. You can go with your brothers. Alright?"

"Okay." Oak'Paw mewed before trotting to the two apprentices.