Chapter 3-Lost

POV
"Oak'Paw... Oak'Paw.." A familiar voice called me.

I see a black and white tom. "Father!?" I gasped.

-----

"Oak'Paw, wake up!" Moon'Paw shouted. Oak'Paw woke up and shook his head.

"You woke all the apprentices because of your muttering!" He complained. "Now, Sun'Heart's letting us go on a patrol! Get up!" Moon'Paw dragged his tail. "Hey!" Oak'Paw chuckled

White'Star trotted to the two, with a worried look on his face. "Mud'Paw went to find your father, he's currently been missing for a while."

"I need you to find Mud'Paw and help him search for your father." He said.

Moon'Paw and Oak'Paw go out of the camp, into the woods. And follow a sudden Shadow'Clan scent.

They notice a patch of black and white fur. "Father..?" Oak'Paw hesitated to believe that it was Black'Tail's fur. Him and Moon'Paw follow the fur, and see a body.

Mud'Paw was sitting beside the body, in tears.

"M-Mud'Paw? Is that.. you?" Moon'Paw mewed softly. Trying to figure out if the dead cat was Black'Tail.

"F-father..." Mud'Paw stuttered. Nudging Black'Tail's hip. "Please... Wake.. up.." He tried to wake him up, desperately.

The two apprentices realize.. the cat was their father.

White'Star walks close, confused. He suddenly notices the body.. his own best friend... Dead? He tried to hesitate that Black'Tail was dead..

The leader walks in silence, trying to ignore the sudden death.. who.. just who did it!?

Oak'Paw notices a deep wound deep into the deputy's stomach. He looks back, and sees White'Star announcing the next deputy.

He then heard chants.. "Thorn'Whisker! Thorn'Whisker!"

Was Thorn'Whisker the new deputy? Black'Tails's best friend? Well.. that's good. Atleast he wasn't any cat who we couldn't trust.

Thorn'Whisker was a muscular tom who had a light brown pelt. Stripes covering it. He was a fierce but also kindhearted cat, who would risk himself for the sake of the clan.

The three brothers look down at their father's body.. "Now only mother's left.." Mud'Pelt muttered sadly.

They were called back into camp, Tree'Pelt sprinted to them, tears in her eyes. "Your father's dead!?"

The three nodded. Still very sad about the death of the deputy.

Tree'Pelt nudged Black'Tail, very upset. She would avenge her mate, and kill the cat who murdered him.

The three apprentices continue their patrol, trying to see if any rogues or others were there.

They smell something.. unfamiliar.. kittypets, perhaps? Moon'Paw looked around, and saw several paw prints in the mud. Some other cat must have been there.

They see a patch of ginger fur.

They follow the scent, and see a ginger and white tail. Disappearing into the bushes.

It was a kittypet! A ginger she-cat with green eyes, standing in the grass. With a pink collar around her neck.

"Kittypet!" Moon'Paw yowled. Trying to chase the she-cat.

"Moon'Paw! Wait!" Oak'Paw grabbed his tail. "Let her be. She's running away."

Now, the brothers walk back to camp, dragging their father's body.

The warriors and apprentices prepare to bury him, Mud'Paw grabs a sunflower within his jaws and places it where Black'Tail was buried.

"May you rest in peace, father.." the brown apprentice purred sadly.

White'Star stared.. In disbelief. He didn't believe that his best friend was dead.!

The leader went back into his den, trying to process what just happened in his mind. Shadow'Clan warriors stealing prey.. the deputy dying.. what must have caused Black'Tail's death? Shadow'Clan.. perhaps?

"Oak'Paw, Moon'Paw, Mud'Paw." White'Star purred.

The three apprentices turn around "yes White'Star?" They said. Walking to the white tom.

"I need you to go back to where your father got killed. Check if there are any Shadow'Clan scents." The leader mewed seriously.

The brothers follow his orders and go back into the forest, they eventually find the place because of the blood trail.

A patch of blue gray fur was seen.

Mud'Paw notices Oak'Paw frozen. "Oak'Paw, you okay?"

He shook his head. "Yeah, I'm fine.. just thinking that Feather'Paw looks similar to Lynx'Tail!

They quickly forget about what they thought about, and head back to camp. White'Star trots to them. "So?"

"We saw a patch of blue gray fur." Moon'Paw murmured.

After talking, Oak'Paw walks to Feather'Paw, who was currently eating a thrush.

"Feather'Paw, we.. need to talk.." he said. Oak'Paw loved Feather'Paw. But was too shy to even confess his feelings.

The blue gray she cat turned around, "Alright." She had no idea about what they were about to discuss.

"You and.. Lynx'Tail look familiar."

... Feather'Paw was silent. "Some warriors have been saying that to me.."

White'Star was listening to the conversation, and walks to them. "Oak'Paw, go hunt for a bit. I need to talk to Feather'Paw."

Oak'Paw left, and the two sat down. "It is time I tell you about your real parents." White'Star mewed.

Feather'Paw looked shocked. "What real parents? Aren't Rose'Shade and Robin'Patch my parents..?

White'Star shook his head.. "No, they aren't." He spoke. "Cloud'Pool and Lynx'Tail are your actual parents."

The she-cat stared in disbelief, tears within her eyes "w-what do you mean..? Wasn't Cloud'Pool the she-cat who got executed?.. and Lynx'Tail is the Shadow'Clan deputy..! How am I related to th-" she suddenly realizes... The blue gray fur..? "Oh.." she walks away, shocked and sad. She was a Shadow'Clan apprentice.

Oak'Paw came back with a mouse. "Oh, hey Feather'Paw, what's wrong? Is it something about what White'Star told you?" He asked. Concerned for his best friend.

"..." She ran away as fast as she could. Dust following her.

"FEATHER'PAW! WAIT!" Oak'Paw yowled.