CHAPTER FIVE

*UNEDITED*

Right then, I heard shuffling and told the rest to keep quiet. I suspected the bandits knew something was off. Then I heard voices.

They were coming our way. Just when Senah attempted to escape, some outside blocked her way.

"Well, well, well, look what we have here."

I felt like yelling at this point. I was tired of all this. These people are wasting our time! Brandon and Senah had an apologetic look. I couldn't blame them. They were happy to escape.

"Did you guys really think you could escape? I knew that there was a crack there. There are guards everywhere. Even without the noise, you were making, we would have caught you." The leader said.

"Hey, I didn't want to fight you at first because I wanted some action. You're getting me angry now." Xavier said in a low but dangerous tone. Something told me it would be wrong for anyone to tempt him.

"Henry, come look at the big boy! He claims he can beat us up." The leader mocked. He now walked towards Xavier. "I dare you boy..." He didn't even finish his sentence when Xavier carried him and threw him into the wall. There was a hole in the wall where the leader fell.

I only covered my mouth with my hands in shock. It was then I realized Xavier's body frame. He was well-built and stood tall.

His eyes showed nothing but anger. The rest of the bandits seemed scared, but the bold ones stepped forward.

Brandon also took a step forward, indicating he was ready to fight them. One man threw a punch at Brandon, but he swerved and used his other hand to throw a punch at the man's neck. The man fell and another jumped on Xavier, but he caught the man and hit him on the ground.

It seemed very painful because the man was yelping in pain. Another one used a stick to hit Xavier's leg and he fell.

He also caught the leg of the one that hit his leg with the stick and used the same stick to break his knee.

The rest of the bandits became scared and ran away.

We immediately got out of the house and traced our way back to the path we were taking before we were kidnapped. I didn't know if I should have been scared of Xavier. The things happening around him were strange.

And it was like as time went on, things became stranger and weirder. As we were walking, I noticed that we had all become quiet so I decided to bring some liveliness to the quiet atmosphere.

"Xavier, I've been wanting to ask you this. How did you not get infected when you were bitten by that zombie?" I asked him. "I heard that there's no cure for the bite.

You'll automatically die when you get bitten." I saw Brandon flinch from the corner of my eye.

"Where Brandon and I come from, the best scientists are found there and they find cures to every illness. Maybe if your doctors haven't found drugs yet, mine have." He said. "They've given every single person a vaccine against the bite. That is why when Brandon or me is bitten, we'll never get infected." He finished in his regular tone.

"Wow. When we get to your town, we'll also get vaccinated. Then we'll also be unresponsive to the bite. I can't wait, sis." Senah said.

"So, Senah I'm guessing you're thirteen. Right?" Brandon asked.

"No. I'm fifteen. Ephreona and I have a three-year age difference. Oh my god, you thought I was a child!" Senah said and kept on babbling to herself like was disappointed.

"Hey, what's the difference between being fifteen and thirteen? It's just a two-year difference. There's nothing wrong with me seeing you as young." Brandon said while he tried to engulf Senah in a hug.

These two lovebirds would kill me with jealousy. Why couldn't Xavier and I be like this? The question was:

Did I want Xavier and I to be like this?

We walked for another six to seven hours until we became tired and hungry again. We came across a shop and just when we finished taking stuff, two zombies emerged from the washroom. I killed one with my gun and Brandon finished off the other.

We ate while we walked. It hadn't expired yet. Thankfully, the food was being preserved for four years. So, it would've expired the following year. It was getting late, so we decided to spend the night under a tree.

When I closed my eyes, I dreamt again:

I was in a gown. It was blood red. I looked like royalty. Xavier was dressed in a golden suit. When I looked around me, I realized I was on the dancefloor. When I looked up, I saw two huge chairs.

A man was sitting on one and the other was a woman. They were both wearing crowns. I think they were the King and Queen. Even though the people around me were many, it was as if they were both watching me.

Xavier was looking more handsome than ever. His hair was slicked back, and he kept on smiling. His perfect white teeth glowed like white pearls. It was when he held my hands, and I realized that I was dancing. He told me his parents were waiting to see me. Right then, the surroundings changed, and I was in a garden.

It was filled with dark flowers. I saw Xavier standing a few meters away from me. Just when I attempted to touch him, he pulled away. He said he was scared he would hurt me. He told me I wouldn't want to come close to him if I knew what he was.

All of a sudden, he started yelling at me and telling me I was a burden and I torturing him. My presence made his skin burn and then black tears started pouring from his eyes.

I tried screaming but nothing came out. He ran towards me and just when he was about to hold me, I woke up crying.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I just hope, I'm going to check this book one day, and I'd see a lot of viewers. But I'm still going to post though.