Chapter 10-A Villainess Wears Red Lipstick

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

LISA was pleased by the bouquet of red roses that he got from Blooms- a famous flower shop in the Royal Capital.

Today was the day that he would fetch Jennie from Duke Prescott's house and bring her to his residence. Of course, he wanted to make it special. Emperor Jisoo advised him to get flowers for Jennie before he picked her up.

[This is probably the only time that His Majesty's nosiness doesn't annoy me.]

Jennie was supposed to move in to his residence yesterday. But because she was sick, he decided to postpone it. And now that she had enough rest, they decided that today would be her "moving in day."

"I didn't know you were the romantic type, Captain Lisa."

Lisa's mood suddenly turned sour when he met Captain Denver as soon as he got out from Blooms. "Would it be acceptable to ignore you now that I'm not wearing my uniform?"

"Don't be rude," Captain Denver whined lightly. "We're the youngest captains of the Four Orders. We should get along, Captain Lisa."

"I refuse."

Captain Denver just shook his head in dismay before he changed the subject. "How's Lady Precott? I heard that she fainted and was brought in the hospital the day we met at Mount Elea."

"How did you know that?"

"The rumor has already spread in the empire," he said. "Apparently, a baroness from Blanca saw the two of you in Rosemary Hospital that day. She assumed that you were because Lady Prescott is already pregnant."

He almost choked in his own saliva out of surprise. "Huh?"

"I know that it isn't true," the other captain said. "If you want to clear the issue, you might have to do a public announcement. I know someone who works for a newspaper. Would you like me to introduce him to you?"

"There's no need for that," he said. "I don't really care about what other people say. And we're engaged anyway."

Of course, it would be an entirely different matter if Jennie wanted to clear the issue. He would support whatever decision she would made regarding the rumor. Captain Denver didn't need to know that though.

"Whatever floats your boat," Captain Denver said. "Oh, right. I have a question for you, Captain Lisa."

"What is it, Captain Denver?"

"I believe Lady Prescott's Mana has a fire attribute," the Red Phoenix knight said that surprised him. "I know that if she wanted to, she could be a Fire Wielder. If I recruit her to my guild, would you let her?"

"I don't have the right to decide for Lady Prescott," Lisa said stiffly. To be honest, he didn't know how to feel now that he found out that Jennie's Mana had fire attribute. But he did know that he didn't have the right to decide for her. "Even when we get married, she'd still be her own person. So I think you should ask her that question and not anyone else, Captain Denver."

"Then, let me rephrase my question," he said. "How would you feel if I recruit Lady Prescott to join the Fire Wielder Guild?"

"I wouldn't like it," Lisa said coldly and sharply. "In fact, I would hate every minute that she'd be spending with you if she joined your guild."

Captain Denver raised an eyebrow at him. "Captain Lisa, that's not healthy. You should trust your fiancée more."

"I trust Jennie," he said. "But I don't trust you, Captain Denver. I don't like the interest I see in your eyes whenever you look at her."